Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default I was wrong about Trump by M. B. Mathews

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...out_trump.html

I recently wrote a column about why I believed Trump should not run in 2024. I was wrong. I allowed my distaste for Trump’s personality to override his virtues, which are considerable. Some people want Trump without his vices. I was among them -- until yesterday, when I watched and listened to Tom Klingenstein’s speech titled “Trump’s virtues.” It was masterful and shamed me that I did not make the distinction between Trump's character and his virtues, the former being deeply flawed, the latter being almost perfect. I need to man up in my defense of the former President's virtues. The speech was among the most pointed I have heard and deserves some exposure. Klingenstein says:

Other Republicans say some version of “I like Trump policies but I don’t like the rest of him.” This gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the 'rest of him' that contains the virtue that inspires the movement… Trump was born for the current crisis, a life and death struggle against a totalitarian enemy I call woke communism... that control all the cultural and economic powers in America…

[Trump] revealed, not caused, the divide in this country. In war, you must make a stand… Trump is a manly man... traditional manhood, even when flawed, is absolutely essential… Trump plays to win... There are no clean hands in a fistfight…Trump is unreservedly, unquestionably pro-America… Trump is a refreshing break from the guilt and self-loathing that marks our age…

Default Re: I was wrong about Trump by M. B. Mathews

I'm not sure trump is a manly man. I'd be surprised if he ever did manual labor in his life. But I'll say this, trump plays to win. He says what he thinks and goes after what he wants. And that's an admirable quality.

(Chester County)

Trump did what needed to be done. Now it's time to move on. Ron DeSantis and and the girl from South Dakota. What needs to be done is a Constitutional amendment for running for President. No on e over the age of 65 can run. Pilots have to bail out at age so should Presidents.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Trump did what needed to be done. Now it's time to move on. Ron DeSantis and and the girl from South Dakota.
    Not likely to happen. The straw poll out of CPAC last week had Trump crushing every other candidate including DeSantis.

What needs to be done is a Constitutional amendment for running for President. No one over the age of 65 can run. Pilots have to bail out at age so should Presidents.
    While there is a minimum age requirement, and I don't necessarily disagree with the premise that would, for all practical purposes, exclude people with physical or mental health issues that would diminish their ability to fulfill the rigors of the office, any such amendment would probably be forcefully opposed.

Watching recent video snippets of Trump at rallies, he does not seem to be either physically or mentally diminished.

For me, personally, I don't trust anyone but Trump to reverse current unfair trade practices enacted by Congress through the efforts of previous administrations. It's the only reason I voted for him in 2016. Too many politicians have taken money from Wall Street, including DeSantis.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Trump did what needed to be done. Now it's time to move on. Ron DeSantis and and the girl from South Dakota. What needs to be done is a Constitutional amendment for running for President. No on e over the age of 65 can run. Pilots have to bail out at age so should Presidents.
    Trump arguably did more to try and help save America than any President in the last 75 years in a 4 year term, and you agree he did what needed to be done. All this while being older than 65. I think we just need to focus on electing the right people, and not just demand that they be the right younger than 65 people

Trump/ Desantis 2024
    Don Trump Jr for SOTH
    Trump for speaker of the house in 2022,
    Appoint people with balls for FBI and Justice department not deepstate scuzballs like Barr.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Not likely to happen. The straw poll out of CPAC last week had Trump crushing every other candidate including DeSantis.

While there is a minimum age requirement, and I don't necessarily disagree with the premise that would, for all practical purposes, exclude people with physical or mental health issues that would diminish their ability to fulfill the rigors of the office, any such amendment would probably be forcefully opposed.

Watching recent video snippets of Trump at rallies, he does not seem to be either physically or mentally diminished.

For me, personally, I don't trust anyone but Trump to reverse current unfair trade practices enacted by Congress through the efforts of previous administrations. It's the only reason I voted for him in 2016. Too many politicians have taken money from Wall Street, including DeSantis.
    Spot on.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Bucks County)

While I love DeSantis, Trump is the 10 star General. He*s been through five wars with these bastards already
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lancaster County)

Having a Trump/DeSantis ticket would surely be a win/win for 2024. What concerns me is you then lose a good governor. Getting a good replacement is not a sure thing. Sometimes I think we hurt ourselves more by doing this. Just my humble opinion.
    "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by PASE717 View Post
    Having a Trump/DeSantis ticket would surely be a win/win for 2024. What concerns me is you then lose a good governor. Getting a good replacement is not a sure thing. Sometimes I think we hurt ourselves more by doing this. Just my humble opinion.
    Somebody great affecting 100% of the states or 2% of the states?

No brainer. Florida- find another one w/ Balls.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast