Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default LCP Max vs Beretta APX A1 Carry?

I have the original LCP. Thinking about replacing it with the LCP Max, but getting rid of 380 and replacing it with the Beretta APX A1 carry would be even better. Looks like the APX is a decent amount larger so concerned with getting it in and, most importantly, out of my jean pocket if I were to need it.

I carry the LCP in a Desantis pocket holster so I'd like to put the Beretta in something similar as well.

Anyone have experience with both?

(York County)

Default Re: LCP Max vs Beretta APX A1 Carry?

I don't have either pistol, but you can look on Handgun Hero website to compare sizes.

https://www.handgunhero.com/
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Montgomery County)

For the size and weight (for the APX) you'd be better off going with a P365. Though with the rebate the APX is very cheap right now so it's not a bad option.

I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the Max.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    For the size and weight (for the APX) you'd be better off going with a P365. Though with the rebate the APX is very cheap right now so it's not a bad option.

I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the Max.
    You beat me to it. The p365 is excellent. Vedder pocket holster and the 10 round pinky magazine.

I handled some of the Ruger offerings and they aren't particularly nice in my opinion. I'm sure they are reliable etc. And they are like half the cost of the p365.

I haven't handled the Beretta apx carry. I did hold the new full size apx and it was not that exciting. I recognize that they are different guns. The trigger on the full size was a bit stiffer than expected.

And for the record, i love Beretta and Ruger. But I'd take a p365 all day over any of their offerings for small concealed carry.

-Zach

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Though with the rebate the APX is very cheap right now so it's not a bad option.
    Was going to say the same... $100 rebate on the APX, but only until mid August. Cant comment on quality, but that puts the final price <$250 from a number of online retailers. Closer to $200 in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    You beat me to it. The p365 is excellent. Vedder pocket holster and the 10 round pinky magazine.

I handled some of the Ruger offerings and they aren't particularly nice in my opinion. I'm sure they are reliable etc. And they are like half the cost of the p365.

I haven't handled the Beretta apx carry. I did hold the new full size apx and it was not that exciting. I recognize that they are different guns. The trigger on the full size was a bit stiffer than expected.

And for the record, i love Beretta and Ruger. But I'd take a p365 all day over any of their offerings for small concealed carry.

-Zach
    If SIG made a .380 in the same format as the P365, but was the same size and weight as the Ruger LCP Max, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I think mechanically the P365 is superior to the Beretta APX and the Ruger LCP Max in every way, but it's not a very good pistol for pocket carry. I had to stop carrying IWB due to some health issues. I tried to pocket carry the P365, but it's just too big and heavy to comfortably carry. It would have meant cinching my belt far more than I could safely, and even if I could the gun was still way too big.

The LCP Max is a decent gun. I load mine with a mix of Liberty Civil Defense and Underwood Xtreme Defender ammo. The gun runs fine with both. It's a little snappy and the trigger could be nicer, but I'm able to keep 12 rounds in COM at 10 yds and on a man size target out to 25.

(Lancaster County)

Sigs don't fit my hands well. Unless there's a 9mm I missed that'd be closer to LCP Max size, I'm going to go with LCP max

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    If SIG made a .380 in the same format as the P365, but was the same size and weight as the Ruger LCP Max, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I think mechanically the P365 is superior to the Beretta APX and the Ruger LCP Max in every way, but it's not a very good pistol for pocket carry. I had to stop carrying IWB due to some health issues. I tried to pocket carry the P365, but it's just too big and heavy to comfortably carry. It would have meant cinching my belt far more than I could safely, and even if I could the gun was still way too big.

The LCP Max is a decent gun. I load mine with a mix of Liberty Civil Defense and Underwood Xtreme Defender ammo. The gun runs fine with both. It's a little snappy and the trigger could be nicer, but I'm able to keep 12 rounds in COM at 10 yds and on a man size target out to 25.
    I hear you about having to switch from IWB. I had hernia repair surgery a while back and still haven't gone back to IWB (with no plans to).

I'm going to guess that you wear jeans. I'm pocket carrying in cargo pants with a p365 and have no issues.

The weight of the p365 is pretty low. But i may also be immune to weight since i was carrying full size and compact pistols for years before going to the sig.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I hear you about having to switch from IWB. I had hernia repair surgery a while back and still haven't gone back to IWB (with no plans to).

I'm going to guess that you wear jeans. I'm pocket carrying in cargo pants with a p365 and have no issues.

The weight of the p365 is pretty low. But i may also be immune to weight since i was carrying full size and compact pistols for years before going to the sig.

-Zach
    I wear Duluth cargo pants and shorts during the summer. The LCP Max disappears in the front pocket. I also wear Duluth jeans, but usually in cooler weather. The P365 fits, it just prints and weighs down my pants.

(Chester County)

I carry a Beretta Nano which is the predecessor of the APX A1 Carry. APX mags fit both. I use a We the People Kydex holster and I also use a Black Point OWB with leather wings I found on eBay when I don't feel like wearing IWB. The trigger guard is slightly different on the APX Carry and the A1 and Nano. They also put slide release lever on the APX Carry and A1. I installed the Galloway stainless one piece recoil spring and stainless striker guide on my Nano. They were weak points and not sure if that was changed in the APX Carry. A single stack 8+1 9mm plus and extra 8 shot mag is enough for me for everyday and if I think I need more capacity I'll carry something a little bigger.

https://wethepeopleholsters.com/prod...ry-iwb-holster

I was able to obtain these Winchester White Box 115gr JHP's pretty cheaply before the the scamdemic. This test video was the guy looking for a sub compact self defense ammo. I've shot like two boxes out of my Nano and at 7 yards they are sufficient in accuracy and very good in reliability. I had no hiccups at all. I went from the Remington Golden Saber 124gr ammo to the Winchester 115 jhp's. I remember when small guns of this nature were called "Belly Guns" so being a mall hero with it is highly unlikely.

Last edited by JenniferG; August 5th, 2022 at 08:53 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast