Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP5 Clones

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: MP5 Clones

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Any links to the firearms in question?
    https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ap5-core-HG6034A-N

The prices have fallen like 30-40% recently, and they introduced the "core" model which takes out the cleaning kit, extra mag, optic mount and flash hider to the tune of saving like $3-400.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    ....years ago I was in a local shop and they had a CA 308 rifle,CETME clone.The thing was like eight hundred bucks, came with ten magazines and the salesman was practically begging me to buy it.I knew about Century's reputation back then.
    I owned one of them. Sold it for 500 about ten years ago. Could never get it running, needed a smith no doubt.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    They're not a Century built firearm, Century is simply the importer. MKE, which is part of a well established NATO factory, is the manufacturer.
    Zenith was the previous importer of the MKE clones. Towards the end they had spotty quality issues. They screened out a bunch of the sketchy guns, but I think they kind of had enough. They've since tried to launch their own US made clones.

Now imagine that same quality, combined with Century's reputation for quality control.

MP5s are hard to get right. They were designed in an era where skilled labor was cheap and plentiful, and machining was expensive and complex. Speaking as a guy who owns an imperfect (but, after some tinkering, reliable) MP5 clone, though it is one of the infamous Todd Bailey era.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Century arms products are so such garbage they won't even accept them at police buy back programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    They're not a Century built firearm, Century is simply the importer. MKE, which is part of a well established NATO factory, is the manufacturer.
    Yep, imported as pistols, so Century's drunk monkeys don't fiddle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Zenith was the previous importer of the MKE clones. Towards the end they had spotty quality issues. They screened out a bunch of the sketchy guns, but I think they kind of had enough. They've since tried to launch their own US made clones.

Now imagine that same quality, combined with Century's reputation for quality control.

MP5s are hard to get right. They were designed in an era where skilled labor was cheap and plentiful, and machining was expensive and complex. Speaking as a guy who owns an imperfect (but, after some tinkering, reliable) MP5 clone, though it is one of the infamous Todd Bailey era.
    Exactly. I had a Zenith imported MKE (2017) and it had issues. Back to them and they fixed it so it ran without any problems.

The concern is that if the new Century imports need work, Century won't be up to the task. I think one person over on HKPro got a replacement and the other sent it back twice with no resolution.

But at $1200, you might get Parabellum Combat Systems or other roller lock armorer to work on it and get problems resolved for still far less than an HK. I say might, because I don't know if they would be willing to work on them or not. It would void the warranty, but what value does the Century warranty actually have anyway?

(Berks County)

Bought a century cetme in the 80s never shot it. Learned about how century screwed them up and how to check headspace. It was way out, they ground the bolt, I bought all new parts and sent it to a gunsmith who was the guy fixing centuries when they were sent back. When this guy left century couldn*t fix them anymore. He works alone. I had a new barrel installed and the new parts. Headspace is correct as new. I just can*t deal with century*s b.s. Those prices will look really bad after paying to fix them. At least I have a real cetme to compensate. Roller locks are heavy, technology has surpassed them performance wise. I know, so what, Christmas Is Die Hard got to have an mp5. Just remember if you never shoot it and you never check the headspace you*ll be as happy as a kid before they find out you know who is you know what. Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Bought a century cetme in the 80s never shot it. Learned about how century screwed them up and how to check headspace. It was way out, they ground the bolt, I bought all new parts and sent it to a gunsmith who was the guy fixing centuries when they were sent back. When this guy left century couldn*t fix them anymore. He works alone. I had a new barrel installed and the new parts. Headspace is correct as new. I just can*t deal with century*s b.s. Those prices will look really bad after paying to fix them. At least I have a real cetme to compensate. Roller locks are heavy, technology has surpassed them performance wise. I know, so what, Christmas Is Die Hard got to have an mp5. Just remember if you never shoot it and you never check the headspace you*ll be as happy as a kid before they find out you know who is you know what. Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas.
    LOL

Some of the same could be said for the M1 Garand.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Yep, imported as pistols, so Century's drunk monkeys don't fiddle with them.

Exactly. I had a Zenith imported MKE (2017) and it had issues. Back to them and they fixed it so it ran without any problems.

The concern is that if the new Century imports need work, Century won't be up to the task. I think one person over on HKPro got a replacement and the other sent it back twice with no resolution.

But at $1200, you might get Parabellum Combat Systems or other roller lock armorer to work on it and get problems resolved for still far less than an HK. I say might, because I don't know if they would be willing to work on them or not. It would void the warranty, but what value does the Century warranty actually have anyway?
    Yup hoping I don't get unlucky. At $1100 the gamble is worth it, but not at $1800. Same goes for the platform being outdated in some respects and mainly being second cool.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I have a PCS9 from them. Very nice work!

https://www.facebook.com/parabellumcombatsystems/
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    I have a PCS9 from them. Very nice work!

https://www.facebook.com/parabellumcombatsystems/
    He has a great reputation. I was pretty much ready to buy a K build from him, but got lucky enough to find an H&K PDW.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Never buy a CA firearm.
    I have a VZ2008 from them and it runs great. It's got thousands of round through it. One of my favorite rifles, and one of the first I would grab for SHTF.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast