Hope this is the right section of the forum. I*ve been carrying a Rugermax .380 since February. The last 3 years before that was a Sig 365. I switched because the RugerMax is a great for pocket carry and have switched completely to pocket carry. I did love the Sig though. I figure that most self defense confrontations take place within a few yards. At 8 yards I am all over the center of the target with the RugerMax. I am comfortable with .380 for self defense at that distance. I couldn*t really envision the realistic need for self defense beyond that.

Until the Indiana shooting where Elisjsha Dicken took out the mall shooter at about 40 yards hitting 8 of 10 shots.
That shooting is changing my thinking and I have switched back to the Sig over the last week for both IWB and open carry. While I am good with the Ruger Max out to 8 yards it gets shaky at 15 yards and I am lucky to hit the target at 25 yards with it. I am still good with the Sig at 25 yards. I am going to start practicing at 50 yards, something I never really thought was necessary.

The gun Elisjsha Dicken used was a Glock 9mm but I don*t know what gun it was. I bet that if it is made public the sales for that model will go through the roof.

What do you carry and why? Would you feel confident making 8 out of 10 40 yard shots with your carry gun?