Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Reconsidering carry gun: why do you carry what you do?

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Knowing how to use it should be on that list somewhere. So should knowing when to use it.
    I am assuming the people in this conversation already know the basics.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    You really need to get away from an area where you can accidentally travel to the PRNJ. I can start sending you links to places for sale.
    I travel into NJ intentionally all of the time. Let me know when you find a link to a location in Pennsylvania with a warm sandy beach. LOL.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Interesting, does NJ recognize police from other states carrying? Knowing the way NJ is I am a little surprised that they respect police from other states.
    According to the law and NJ cops that I have talked to, I shouldn*t have a problem. According to the NJ Attorney General, I will have a problem.

I figure if someone in NJ knows I have gun, the situation will be of a serious nature and the former won*t be the major issue.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    What do you carry and why? Would you feel confident making 8 out of 10 40 yard shots with your carry gun?
    Back in 2005, I made the switch to the Glock 19. It's been my primary carry gun the majority of the time since then. In 2016 & 2017 I experimented with a couple of single stack small 9mms, only to return to my 19 afterwards. Then during 2020 and 2021 I EDCed a Shadow Systems MR918. (Really, pretty much the same, since they used the same mags and the same holsters...)

Back to EDCing a Glock 19, now it is a Wilson Combat Vickers Glock 19. I am confident in my ability to make distance shots with it.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Back in 2005, I made the switch to the Glock 19. It's been my primary carry gun the majority of the time since then. In 2016 & 2017 I experimented with a couple of single stack small 9mms, only to return to my 19 afterwards. Then during 2020 and 2021 I EDCed a Shadow Systems MR918. (Really, pretty much the same, since they used the same mags and the same holsters...)

Back to EDCing a Glock 19, now it is a Wilson Combat Vickers Glock 19. I am confident in my ability to make distance shots with it.
    Have you fondled a p365 or similar yet? It's a whole new world..

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Have you fondled a p365 or similar yet? It's a whole new world..
    Yep, I've shot one now on a handful of occasions. Not a bad gun, but FOR ME, it shoots like any of the other dozens of small micro 9s that I have owned or shot through the years. I am not really a small gun fan, so take that into account.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Bucks County)

Staccato C2. Actually saved up an entire year to be able to afford one. 3k rounds later, no regrets. The gun eats everything - which is to be expected at this pricepoint.

(Westmoreland County)

I carry a Browning HiPower. I used to carry a Commander sized 1911. I switched because I assume most bad guys are wearing body armor. With that being the case, a 45 ACP is no more effective than a 9mm. With the HiPower I have 16 rounds as compared to 8 for the 1911. May need them trying to get a head shot or pelvis area hit.

(York County)

ILikeBuckets said:
    Makes me wonder if the carry guns of just 5 years ago are obsolete now. Only advantage to a gun that carries less ammo I can think of is that it is lighter. But even then a person could choose not to load a magazine all the way.

I*m still stuck in the 90*s, carrying a Sig 239 year round. Over the years I*ve been through three holsters and two hogue grips (Fist was by far the best, even better than Alessi). 8+1 and a spare mag is enough for me; 17 rounds and I*m out. I*ve shot Shields, 365, MP9c, G2C, LCP, etc and I still like the heft and quick recovery of a metal frame. The hellcat pro has me intrigued though, I may need to find one local to try. I have become a huge fan of red dots as my eyes age. I*ve got them on a few ruger target pistols, and I could see a mini on a Hellcat being a viable option.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Im stuck on the g26. Growing to like the gen4 grip with finger grooves and back strap setup. Swap to truglo TFO sights made it better. Could maybe stand a comp on the end and guide rod tuning to tame the snap of underwood +p+ lehighs.

Carries nicely IWB, and i can pack 2 g19 or g17 rounds for spare mags with X grips for better capacity. Pierce grips adds 3 rounds and a nice pinky extension for cheap. Brings capacity up to that of the hellcat.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast