Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shooting likes it’s 2018

Took the family to the range for the first time in a very long time today. I’ve been rationing ammo I bought before the panics. No rationing today though. Told everyone to shoot to their hearts content and just enjoy themselves. Gotta admit, right now I’m wishing I had started reloading years ago though. Still have plenty of ammo but today put a dent in my supplies. I really hope that the political picture changes for the better and prices start to become reasonable soon.

Anybody else been changing their shooting habits since 2020?

Default Re: Shooting likes it’s 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Took the family to the range for the first time in a very long time today. I’ve been rationing ammo I bought before the panics. No rationing today though. Told everyone to shoot to their hearts content and just enjoy themselves. Gotta admit, right now I’m wishing I had started reloading years ago though. Still have plenty of ammo but today put a dent in my supplies. I really hope that the political picture changes for the better and prices start to become reasonable soon.

For first 6 mo or so of 2020 i shot 2-3x a week, 250rds per trip to range. Plus once a month pistol league. But i was still shooting $100/case plus ammo can bulk magtech ammo at the time…

Now? I’m lucky if i even go to monthly pistol league. It breaks my heart and pisses me off to see 34-38 cents at a time go downrange and ultimately end up in the dirt. Moreso when its rifle ammo or shotgun slugs at $1+ a pop. I miss shooting, but i also like to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    For first 6 mo or so of 2020 i shot 2-3x a week, 250rds per trip to range. Plus once a month pistol league.

Now? I*m lucky if i even go to monthly pistol league. It breaks my heart and pisses me off to see 34-38 cents at a time go downrange and ultimately end up in the dirt. Moreso when its rifle ammo or shotgun slugs at $1+ a pop. I miss shooting, but i also like to eat.
    Lol*. I told the family to have fun and enjoy themselves, but i did have a voice in the back of my head that was thinking *there goes 50 cents down range, a dollar, a dollar fifty* *that*s a $15 dollar Magazine she just shot* if I were to replace it now.

Lol*. I told the family to have fun and enjoy themselves, but i did have a voice in the back of my head that was thinking *there goes 50 cents down range, a dollar, a dollar fifty* *that*s a $15 dollar Magazine she just shot* if I were to replace it now.
    The memories are worth more than the ammo. Can't take it with you and few family members will actually appreciate what's in the collection, some will just see $$$$ others will see junk, and those special few will have memories attached to 1 or 2 in the collection.....

I bought a .22 semi pistol to keep the skills sharp.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Berks County)

For some reason, I only shoot a few mags with each trip to the range and I only go once a month or so. I'm still well stocked with my horde and have enough reloading supplies to keep me going for a while. I don't know why but I just never did shoot hundreds of rounds per trip.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

I live a mile from a club and used to shoot 20-30 rounds 5X a week. Now that I'm getting older it's down to a few times a month. I have an ample stock of ammo and reloading supplies so there's no problem there.
    NRA Life Member

(Wayne County)

Well, working at a range has got me shooting more. If there are no scheduled guests I'll let a mag or 2 fly down range. In addition, many of my regulars often offer me their guns to shoot, and their ammo. It's kinda like a nice tip for being the RSO.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

Took the family to the range for the first time in a very long time today. I*ve been rationing ammo I bought before the panics. No rationing today though. Told everyone to shoot to their hearts content and just enjoy themselves. Gotta admit, right now I*m wishing I had started reloading years ago though. Still have plenty of ammo but today put a dent in my supplies. I really hope that the political picture changes for the better and prices start to become reasonable soon.

Got into Archery in 2019, then cycling in 2020, and didn't really shoot at all for the past 2 years. This year, purchased a few guns and have been shooting a lot more, without regard for ammo, as I have been saving it for so long.

I do try to replace what I use.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I shoot less often than before, mainly because I have 2 young kids to schedule around.
    I tend to shoot more ammo when I'm familiarizing myself with a new gun or sighting one. Having made no purchases in 6 years, I'm usually good for l a box per gun when I go to the range.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast