Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OAKS, PA AUGUST 5-7th 100 Station Ave

Imma make a trip down yonder 'round 1400 so look out ScotsGuards and Marines55, I'll be looking for some smoking hot deals on fine merchandise.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

I drove out but after looking at the parking didn’t go in. This is why I stopped going to shows. Is it crazy crowded in there or what? I was looking for a colt in 38 super or a revolver (not a snubby) in 327 but doesn’t look worth the trouble. Maybe it’s just a busy time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    I drove out but after looking at the parking didn*t go in. This is why I stopped going to shows. Is it crazy crowded in there or what? I was looking for a colt in 38 super or a revolver (not a snubby) in 327 but doesn*t look worth the trouble. Maybe it*s just a busy time.
    The only thing I have a beef with is a line to get in, if there is one. And I still usually tough them out. Once inside, it's not so bad and my nose must not be working because I don't get stunk out like some of the other guys do. But then, maybe I'm the one they're smellin'.

(Berks County)

I'd say that it's a good show. Parking was tight as there is something going on in hall 'C'. That's the one at the far end of the building from the entrance off of Egypt Road. Mickey Rooney is easy to find but that big, mean Marine is another story. I surely checked his stuff out but missed him somehow. He needs some kind of schtick so he's easier to recognize. Found some .32 ACP for $25/box at one booth but others where higher, like $35 or $40. 9mm can be had for more like $.30/ea at a couple of stands, others were higher. There are plenty of H&Ks there and prices varied widely on those. Some used at $1000 with others new at $700. Beats me. I also scored a bag of .45 ACP hollow point heads for blowing torsos off. There were no ammo can vendors there but there was pickles and jerky.

Oh and both entrances are open. I parked at the front one after scoring myself a spot, which wasn't all that easy and I don't know what parking is like down at the other entrance. If I had known that it was open, I would have looked.

(Delaware County)

Did you spot any Colt 6920s or FN ARs ? Yea, not sure if it’s worth the trouble paying to enter and fighting the crowds. Could use some 9mm though. Did you see any used S&W revolvers ? In the market for one.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnestor481 View Post
    Did you spot any Colt 6920s or FN ARs ? Yea, not sure if it*s worth the trouble paying to enter and fighting the crowds. Could use some 9mm though. Did you see any used S&W revolvers ? In the market for one.
    Sorry but I'm not good at noticing everything, I mostly just see what I am looking for. There are always plenty of revolvers but other than Pythons, I can't tell you what they are. I wouldn't know a Colt 6920 if it was in my hands.

(Philadelphia County)

Just came back from the show ... prices were too high ( used glock 22's for $500) and too many Gimmicks like " PA BODY ARMOR BAN NOW !!! " and prices were higher than usual ... Was able to make a mag trade that I wanted bought a box of 9mm and some ar mags .... only saw 2 guns I was interested in a s&w model 60 stainless and one really nice COLT LE-M4 but didnt have the $$$ ... worth the trip but will save up for the next one

(York County)

crowds were very light and many people were complaining about lack of advertising (including local restaurants which were also very slow and are usually packed during these shows). my waitress said she didnt even know the show was happening until today when she came to work. I would assume that the light crowd reflects that as well. saw some show goers trying to sell stuff which has happened in a long time. we moved some stuff but not like shows of past. I only bought one gun so this show wasnt a big success for us and at the end of Saturday we probably broke even. not many people were buying and almost every customer asked for discounts of $50 to $400 off. hopefully tomorrow will be better. also saw quite a few used smith revolvers, but I didnt notice any Colt 6920s (but I wasnt looking for them).

(Berks County)

I saw two large billboards during the week, one on the tpk and one on 422. Other than that, I don't receive anything that would include advertising. They usually advertise on the billboard on 442 eastbound, right across from the venue too but I haven't been down that far recently.

Pretty lame. Lots and lots of ARs, AKs, ammo, but not a single item that was worth the high asking prices. A lot of those ammo dealers are going to end up sucking wind if they don't lower their prices and dump some stock. All I got was a coffee mug that mimicked a tear gas canister.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast