Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The new Cabelas is Horrible!

Before jumping in my car to drive to Caeblas to buy a gun, I would always call to make sure the gun I wanted was in inventory.

Called today for the gun counter. Got a msg from the gun counter that they would call back. Didn't leave a msg as I know they wouldn't call back for awhile.

Called again but instead of pressing 2 for firearms I pressed zero for the general Number.

A lady answered. I asked if there was 0% financing as I thought I saw that in an email. She couldn't answer that. So she put me through to the gun checkout.

Somebody actually answered at the gun checkout.

He couldn't answer my question regarding rhe 0% financing nor could he tell me of the gun I was interested on was in stock. So he transferred me to the call center.

Upon transfer, I got the original message from the first call.

Cabelas just lost out on a $1000+ gun purchase because nobody could answer basic questions. I am not going to jump in my car and drive nearly an hour without knowing if the gun I want is in stock. This worked flawlessly and I have done it many times before Bass Pro took over

Now I may never go to Cabelas again to buy a gun after Bass Pro ruined it
    Last edited by ShooterInPA1; July 23rd, 2022 at 11:02 AM.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: The new Cabelas is Horrible!

You know it is 2022. I just went to (https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/guns?searchTerm=Guns) and was able to search for firearms available in Hamburg, firearms available to ship to Hamburg, firearms available to ship to another FFL. The website was rather nice and fully informative.

I don*t know many people who buy firearms from Cabelas. Seems their prices are higher and wait times atrocious. But you didn*t have to drive anywhere. A few clicks on the internet and you would have had all of your answers and I believe you could have started your purchase since you knew what you wanted.

BTW I didn*t see anything regarding 0% financing. But they did have specials.

Which cabelas?
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Pops got a Beretta 92x during the height of the plandemic online in 2020 for $599. He went during the week to pick it up and was in and out in a half hour. I'm pretty sure experiences like that are not commonplace.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You know it is 2022. I just went to (https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/guns?searchTerm=Guns) and was able to search for firearms available in Hamburg, firearms available to ship to Hamburg, firearms available to ship to another FFL. The website was rather nice and fully informative.

I don*t know many people who buy firearms from Cabelas. Seems their prices are higher and wait times atrocious. But you didn*t have to drive anywhere. A few clicks on the internet and you would have had all of your answers and I believe you could have started your purchase since you knew what you wanted.

BTW I didn*t see anything regarding 0% financing. But they did have specials.
    With Cabela's 90% of the time it isn't worth buying a gun there, but when it is worth it its really worth it.

I broke down and wound up going and getting the gun I wanted as my LGS did not have it in stock.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    I broke down and wound up going and getting the gun I wanted as my LGS did not have it in stock.
    Way to stand your ground!
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

Maybe you should edit this thread title from Horrible to So-so.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Maybe you should edit this thread title from Horrible to So-so.
    There are many things which could be changed in their process.

The worst is when you walk up to the gun counter to validate your information before purchasing your gun. 50 people are standing around and the guy says in a booming voice " are you John Doe who lives at 111 Elm St, born on such and such a date"?

Would be nice if Gun stores looked at data the same way hospitals do with HIPAA. At least use a quiet voice.

I went to Hamburg to buy a TNW Aero today in 45acp... the site said they had 3, got there and they couldn't find 2 of them so i got the display... then waited for my text for 2 hours. If i didn't use their credit card like a savings account i would never go there again either
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast