Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Conceal Carry Glock 17?

Does anyone have experience conceal carrying a Glock 17? Is it possible?

I'd like to get a new EDC pistol, but until then I've been curious about carrying my Glock 17.

I guess appendix carry would be the best way to go?

Or should I just open carry?

Just a little nervous because last time the cops pulled me over (walking) at the slightest glance of my old pistol (sub-compact 1911 conceal carry) because my shirt rode up too high, I was met with an extremely aggressive police officer who instantly pulled his gun on me. Luckily his superior was really cool and let me go promptly with no problems.

I don't have a problem open carrying, I'd just rather conceal carry if possible.

Also, I'm about 6' 3'' and a rather tall guy, so this may make me more viable for this option?

(York County)

Default Re: Conceal Carry Glock 17?

Appendix carry with a full sized G17 will make it hard to sit down.

The grip is the tough part to conceal. IWB for a full sized is tough. There will be in unnatural bulge in the pants we'll below the waist line (yeah I hear it now that I said it)

It's not that it can't be done it it may require a wardrobe change to accommodate it.

I regularly carry a g17.3 sized pistol. With the right holster and placement, it is possible to appendix carry and still sit down. Fwiw i use a right handed Kennedy Holsters AIWB kydex with built in mag pouch from ebay. Has some serious curve to it and uses the RCS wing to help tuck it closer to the body. And i personally prefer to carry it crossdraw, especially while in the car. With the curve in the holster, i can also carry at the hip

With the right clothing it doesnt print. And if it does? Boohoo, Oh fuckin’ well.

With a threaded barrel or muzzle device? Forget it. Theres no sitting down without getting a barrel mark in the leg or groin.

Fwiw, 6’2” and 220…more rolls than a bakery truck. Holster acts like a girdle

(Lackawanna County)

I carry a Glock 19 sized shadow systems mr920 with threaded barrel, rmr and x300. It can be done

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Appendix carry with a full sized G17 will make it hard to sit down.

The grip is the tough part to conceal. IWB for a full sized is tough. There will be in unnatural bulge in the pants we'll below the waist line (yeah I hear it now that I said it)

It's not that it can't be done it it may require a wardrobe change to accommodate it.
    I carried a Beretta 92 for years. Absolutely true. You will constantly be adjusting your holster to keep the muzzle from digging into your groin.

-Zach

Get a printed Hawaiian shirt. You can hide a shotgun under one of those. Seriously, a regular IWB holster at 4-5 O'clock, and a dark, untucked shirt, or loose t-shirt will cover it fine. There'll be some printing from the grip, but who cares.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    Get a printed Hawaiian shirt. You can hide a shotgun under one of those. Seriously, a regular IWB holster at 4-5 O'clock, and a dark, untucked shirt, or loose t-shirt will cover it fine. There'll be some printing from the grip, but who cares.
    ^^^^This. Most people don't even notice open carriers let alone a little printing.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

I agree with all the above.

I carry a Springfield XD 9, 4 inch. Basically the same as the G17, except the slide is a little shorter.

I don't like carrying it Appendix, because of the barrel. But in a 4 clock position, IWB, it disappears. Or as someone else said, a printed shirt (or even a polo) untucked and carry OWB (my favorite method of carry. I will often carry my full size 1911 5 inch OWB under a polo or printed button up shirt

And as mentioned, I pretty much never worry about printing. No one notices. No one is looking. They are so absorbed in their own lives, they have no idea that you have a deadly, lung blower outer on your waist

(Montgomery County)

It can certainly be done, and I have before being a smaller person than you, but other guns are much easier to work with.

(York County)

I do not understand how anyone does appendix carry

Even with a sub compact 3 inch barrel I can't do it. Not if I intend to sit down at any point. The thing just jabs be right in the groin.

I know some people swear by how comfortable and easy it is but I do not understand how you do it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast