Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Conceal Carry Glock 17?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I do not understand how anyone does appendix carry

Even with a sub compact 3 inch barrel I can't do it. Not if I intend to sit down at any point. The thing just jabs be right in the groin.

I know some people swear by how comfortable and easy it is but I do not understand how you do it.
    I did it for years. It was never comfortable. I always looked forward to winter so i could carry comfortably.

Progressively, i downsized guns. Beretta 92 to cz75d pcr to Beretta px4 subcompact to sig p365. I also switched to shoulder holsters and pocket carry.

I'm never going back to appendix carry.

-Zach

I do not understand how anyone does appendix carry

Even with a sub compact 3 inch barrel I can't do it. Not if I intend to sit down at any point. The thing just jabs be right in the groin.

I know some people swear by how comfortable and easy it is but I do not understand how you do it.
    OWB is arguably better and definitely more comfortable. Theres just some times its not practical. I never would have gotten away with carrying on the clock in the drs office i worked in if i went OWB. Still prefer OWB when practical.

Subcompacts are definitely easier to appendix carry and more comfortable than the full sized stuff.

Personally ive found to do appendix semi comfortably i have to wear my pants in my ass crack and not around my knees like a gang banger

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    OWB is arguably better and definitely more comfortable. Theres just some times its not practical. I never would have gotten away with carrying on the clock in the drs office i worked in if i went OWB. Still prefer OWB when practical.

Subcompacts are definitely easier to appendix carry and more comfortable than the full sized stuff.

Personally ive found to do appendix semi comfortably i have to wear my pants in my ass crack and not around my knees like a gang banger
    Absolutely. Anybody who says that putting a gun in a holster, then jamming it inside your pants, and tightening your belt down, is comfortable, is lying their ass off. I had a whole box full of IWB holsters that I tried, and the only one that even comes close to being tolerable is the Milt Sparks VM2. I have one for my G19 and one for the P228, for when I really have to conceal. I almost always carry OWB, with an untucked shirt, or a jacket covering it.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    Absolutely. Anybody who says that putting a gun in a holster, then jamming it inside your pants, and tightening your belt down, is comfortable, is lying their ass off. I had a whole box full of IWB holsters that I tried, and the only one that even comes close to being tolerable is the Milt Sparks VM2. I have one for my G19 and one for the P228, for when I really have to conceal. I almost always carry OWB, with an untucked shirt, or a jacket covering it.
    My P365 IWB with a Vedder holster at the 3:30 position disappears and I forget I'm wearing it all day long. It's not just comfortable. I don't even notice it at all one way or another.

Now that's a lightweight sub compact. I can't go that with anything else and have it be that comfortable.
    May the Schwartz Be With You

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I was ok with AIWB when i was carrying the ec9s for awhile. But i still preferred owb, even with that and tended to use the owb paddle holster more often than not. with the right holster, owb can disappear just as easily as aiwb/iwb…so long as you can wear an overshirt untucked, or a jacket.

In my case i noticed that with larger frame pistols, even with a shirt it got hard to conceal the bottom of the holster unless the shirt was 2 sizes too big.

When the time comes, i’ll most likely leave my g17 sized pistol for car duty and carry the g26 sized pistol in a reversible pancake holster with steel clips (allows more options like small of back, cross draw, appendix, etc). Think crossbreed style. As with anything, really just comes down to proper holster selection

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc View Post
    Does anyone have experience conceal carrying a Glock 17? Is it possible?

I'd like to get a new EDC pistol, but until then I've been curious about carrying my Glock 17.

I guess appendix carry would be the best way to go?

Or should I just open carry?

Just a little nervous because last time the cops pulled me over (walking) at the slightest glance of my old pistol (sub-compact 1911 conceal carry) because my shirt rode up too high, I was met with an extremely aggressive police officer who instantly pulled his gun on me. Luckily his superior was really cool and let me go promptly with no problems.

I don't have a problem open carrying, I'd just rather conceal carry if possible.

Also, I'm about 6' 3'' and a rather tall guy, so this may make me more viable for this option?
    Thunderwear or a belly band. I could make guesses based of the a hole cop reaction but I*m not going to feed any trolls. I will say that was b.s. and the cop should be reevaluated.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

I appendix carried my first gen Shield 9MM no issues. I also carried IWB at about 3:30, 4 in an Alien Gear hybrid holster. But the Shield is a single stack, compact

I don't like carrying my Springfield XD IWB at all. Either appendix or at the 4 o'clock. 4 o'clock isn't as bad but definitely not comfortable IWB. Between the thickness and the length of the slide, I don't like it

(Delaware County)

My P365 IWB with a Vedder holster at the 3:30 position disappears and I forget I'm wearing it all day long. It's not just comfortable. I don't even notice it at all one way or another.

Now that's a lightweight sub compact. I can't go that with anything else and have it be that comfortable.
    That's the exact set up I use. It's so comfortable I don't even bother to take it off when I go into the house.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Bucks County)

Regardless of what IronBrain tells you, I*ve carried a full size 1911 every day for over 35 years in an iwb appendix holster.
    It*s been quite comfortable, only nagging me on long drives. And even the driving thing has only surfaced for the last 10 or so years due to old injuries.

Open carry might be more comfortable but (here comes the troll*) I don*t do that cause I*m not a tard.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

PickingPA Guest

I EDC an G43 appendix. Drive, sit, physical work etc. Very rarely do I take it off due to discomfort.

Granted, the G43 is MUCH smaller than a G17 or full size 1911, but I believe your choice of holster is just as, if not more, important than model of gun when considering comfort in appendix carry.

I have the Aliengear Shapeshift system with multiple shells for different guns and I like the setup and ease of swapping out instead of having a different rig for each gun. The only exception is appendix. I could not carry with the AG appendix configuration, it was just too bulky.

At the suggestion of a coworker, I ordered a Zorn Skinny Rig appendix carry holster and I rarely carried in any other position since. For the little bit of occasional discomfort, I gain almost complete concealability.

https://zornholsters.com/

In the winter, I will occasionally switch because of ease of concealment under bulkier clothes, or if the situation makes me question # of rounds.

I don’t know about carrying full size appendix, but Zorn does offer for the G17

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast