Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain lic

🤣 New legislation regarding bicycle safety will come into effect as Gov. Kathy Hochul takes measures that will require new drivers to learn about pedestrian and bicycle safety when on the road.

This new requirement will be apart of new drivers pre-licensing exam and will be a prerequisite to obtaining any motor vehicle license.

https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/new...3-deca0648bbfd

(Chester County)

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

This morning I passed 4 cyclists on a country road in Honey Brook and dropped my speed to a couple mph's faster than they were peddling.

Amish guys in buggies are better drivers.

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

We need more laws. Diverse ones.
    FJB

(Chester County)

How about teaching the general motoring public how to drive in the presence of tractor-trailers, how to maintain their rate of speed after making a pass, and good etiquette on using their high beams?

(Berks County)

How about a class to teach pedestrians to watch for motor vehicles while walking on a road, or to obey crosswalk signs? Or one for bicyclists reinforcing that they are to obey the same rules of the road as motor vehicles, like stopping at stop signs?

(Lancaster County)

Maybe she should focus on teaching bikers to obey the laws of the road.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Clearfield County)

In the past nearly 5 years of a 44 mile round trip commute you could count the number of bicyclists I've seen on one hand. Doesn't really have much to do with the topic of the thread, I just want to brag about the advantages of living in the mountains.

(Wayne County)

Why aren't they teaching bicycle and pedestrian safety in first grade, like when we learned it?

The wife and I were just discussing this yesterday, because of a bicyclist with his head up his butt (which must make it difficult to pedal).
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Montgomery County)

Come on guys, scruff just engaged. No need to get him all amped up with the anti-biking posts.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Come on guys, scruff just engaged. No need to get him all amped up with the anti-biking posts.
    It seems like cyclists have now become another protected class. They're getting their own lanes or signage for cars to share the lane with them, ironically not the other way around. I sometimes see them, even in groups, give a quick head check at a stop sign, then blast right through it, like 10 cyclists are one vehicle.

I guess they deserve special dispensation for the being the victims of historical oppression.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast