Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: PA > MD with ccw

Quote Originally Posted by ABuck View Post
    But they didn*t expire for 30 days. That makes no sense. And to add to the confusion it looks like prints are now good for 1 year with these updated Wear and Carry Permit guidelines.

*Fingerprints must be taken within 1 year of the date of application submission, and the fingerprint provider must be approved by the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.*

https://news.maryland.gov/msp/2022/0...portal-update/
    This is a government agency doing something they openly don't want to do....

OF COURSE IT MAKES NO SENSE!

(York County)

Does anyone know if it's an issue to use PA residents as references for the MD permit?

All the people I know in Maryland are either family (ineligible) or just hell no....

MSP just released a new advisory, fingerprint scans are now good for one year.

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...pdate%20FR.pdf

As far as I know your references can be anywhere, but you have to list where they work, an address and phone number.

I just went through this process and submitted my app. Probably take 30 days or so..

From what I have been hearing they have not been calling references or employers. Also the interview process seems to have gone away.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyramid View Post
    From what I have been hearing they have not been calling references or employers. Also the interview process seems to have gone away.
    MD AG wants nothing to do with the SCOTUS ruling, but the MSP seem to have read it, and understand they could be held personally liable, and risk losing qualified immunity if they interfere with a constitutionally protected right. As of right now they are swamped with applications and realize they couldn*t process them in the same manner as they did before.

I hope I get mine within a reasonable amount of time. Think the timeline is already starting to stretch. Might be lucky if I'm approved in 45 days.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I'm probably incompetent, but can't find that info. Can you link?

Was the applicant a former LE/military that did not need the training?
    It was in a Facebook post, in a non-public post, so a link won't work for you, unless you have a FB account AND join that group. There are multiple comments mentioning prior interviews, and some still saying they are happening on a sporadic basis, but not for every single applicant. I do get the sense that when they occur, they are for new applicants, not renewals.

The comments I refer to were in a FB group called "Maryland Gun Owners". MDShooters also has a pretty active forum (in addition to FB), so for all those serious about pursuing a MD W&C, you could probably glean a lot of information over there.

https://www.mdshooters.com/

For the FB friendly: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5812...58893098947031 *You will still have to join the group to see the post and comments.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It was in a Facebook post, in a non-public post, so a link won't work for you, unless you have a FB account AND join that group. There are multiple comments mentioning prior interviews, and some still saying they are happening on a sporadic basis, but not for every single applicant. I do get the sense that when they occur, they are for new applicants, not renewals.

The comments I refer to were in a FB group called "Maryland Gun Owners". MDShooters also has a pretty active forum (in addition to FB), so for all those serious about pursuing a MD W&C, you could probably glean a lot of information over there.

https://www.mdshooters.com/

For the FB friendly: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5812...58893098947031 *You will still have to join the group to see the post and comments.
    Oh, I though it was a post from here. My misunderstanding.

So expanding on my question, those in this thread that have applied: did you take the training, or are you exempt? Interested on the training details as I'm not exempt.

I applied and was not exempt from the training. I took a 16 hour course that includes the live fire requirement and livescan fingerprints. I used Cindy's hot shots in Glen Burnie, but there are courses offered all over. Make sure the instructor is on the approved list for MD.

I ended up skipping it as it took me 7 hours to go 200 miles yesterday, when I got there I couldn't wait to turn around and come home. The shit show consisted of 76, 476, and 95. I saw 2 vehicle fires, 4 massive multi-car accidents, 2 people who had a wheel completely come off, and literally dozens of motorists broken down on the side of the road standing outside their car. Never in my life have I seen so many accidents in such a short distance.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast