Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA > MD with ccw

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I ended up skipping it as it took me 7 hours to go 200 miles yesterday, when I got there I couldn't wait to turn around and come home. The shit show consisted of 76, 476, and 95. I saw 2 vehicle fires, 4 massive multi-car accidents, 2 people who had a wheel completely come off, and literally dozens of motorists broken down on the side of the road standing outside their car. Never in my life have I seen so many accidents in such a short distance.
    I think I'd have gone a different route. Something like 222 to US 1 or something.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I think I'd have gone a different route. Something like 222 to US 1 or something.
    I just punched in the gps and let it do it's thing. I've tried to outsmart the gps many times and have never won.

I think i'm done going down there, it's a headache every time. I'll just sit on the top of my mountain and be content here.

(Berks County)

I just punched in the gps and let it do it's thing. I've tried to outsmart the gps many times and have never won.

I think i'm done going down there, it's a headache every time. I'll just sit on the top of my mountain and be content here.
    Are you new to that corridor? Those are three of the worst highways in the region, if not the whole country. I start down a little farther, at Eagle, PA but we frequently go down 95 to Baltimore or DC. My route is 100S-30W-10S-1S down across the Conowingo, then down to 95 in MD somewhere. Nice ride, no tolls, low traffic.

(Delaware County)

handgunlaw.us is always a trusted and up-to-date resource. Click on MD for latest...

https://handgunlaw.us/
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lancaster County)

Isn't there something in the Constitution regarding states honoring each other's permitting?

Driver Licenses are good in all states, many/most professional licenses seem to be.

Ignoring the bogus concept of licensing a Civil Right to begin with, how can state "A" ignore permitting from state "B"

Is this just another infringement that needs to be litigated away?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    Isn't there something in the Constitution regarding states honoring each other's permitting?

Driver Licenses are good in all states, many/most professional licenses seem to be.

Ignoring the bogus concept of licensing a Civil Right to begin with, how can state "A" ignore permitting from state "B"

Is this just another infringement that needs to be litigated away?
    Sounds good in theory but that is not the reality. I believe that when there is reciprocity it is specifically delineated somewhere. I know that lawyers don't get free rein on where they can practice and I wouldn't be surprised if engineers and surveyors, etc didn't either.

(York County)

Sounds good in theory but that is not the reality. I believe that when there is reciprocity it is specifically delineated somewhere. I know that lawyers don't get free rein on where they can practice and I wouldn't be surprised if engineers and surveyors, etc didn't either.
    I have an insurance license in PA.

To sell in MD (or any other state) I need a separate license for that state.

But...here is the big difference....MD will just give me a non resident insurance license (which is just as good as a resident license for a MD resident) because I have a resident PA license.

I don't have to pass a MD insurance exam or maintain any MD specific continuing education requirements. They say "Oh, you have a PA license? Good enough for us. Pay the $50 fee and you can have a MD license."

Most states make insurance licenses this easy. You still have to get a license, but they just give it to you if you have one in your home state.

Very different from how MD does carry permits.

On the same note though some states are douchewads about the insurance license. NY and NJ make you jump through extra hoops and pay exorbitant fees. FL makes you get fingerprints and go through state certification and a background check to get a non resident insurance license.

So different states can handle different types of licenses any way they want, apparently.

Some make carry permit reciprocity easy. Some make it impossible. Some make insurance license reciprocity easy. Some make it difficult.

(Berks County)

One of the things that I see as ironic is the training necessary to get the LTCF, CCP or whatever that particular state calls it...Many of them require training, something that many vehemently oppose for PA yet they'll take the course to obtain that UT, AZ or FL license. And now MD, NJ and maybe even NY. I remain silent on the issue as it is what it is but I did take a course and got a UT permit. Anyhow...if a state requires training to obtain the permit and PA does not, I do not find it out of line that they would not just grant reciprocity to PA LTCF holders who have had no training.

(York County)

One of the things that I see as ironic is the training necessary to get the LTCF, CCP or whatever that particular state calls it...Many of them require training, something that many vehemently oppose for PA yet they'll take the course to obtain that UT, AZ or FL license. And now MD, NJ and maybe even NY. I remain silent on the issue as it is what it is but I did take a course and got a UT permit. Anyhow...if a state requires training to obtain the permit and PA does not, I do not find it out of line that they would not just grant reciprocity to PA LTCF holders who have had no training.
    I am only doing it because I am exempt from the training. If I wasn't.... I wouldn't be laying down nearly $500 for training and licensing and fingerprinting.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the laugh.

After a bit of research, it seems that I can get my MD ccw in about 2 weeks, and being former military, i don't have to take the stupid 16 our class, just get prints done and the rest is online. They'll mail it to me after that.
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...rryPermit.aspx

Dont forget these to give you a headache!

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.

1. On school property (CR 4-102)

2. Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place (CR 4-208)

3. In legislative buildings (SG 2-1702)

4. Aboard aircraft (TR 5-1008)

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably believes individuals possess property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or explosives (BR 15-203)

6. On dredge boats, other than two 10 gauge shotguns (NR 4-1013)

7. In or around State-owned public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. In State Forests (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. In State Parks (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. In State Highway Rest Areas, unless properly secured within vehicle (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

12. In community adult rehabilitation centers (COMAR 12.02.03.10)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)​

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast