Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 SAS

(Bucks County)

Default Re: SIG P365 SAS

Quote Originally Posted by 340M&P View Post
    All of you that are nay saying this different sighting system better not put a red dot on your rifle or pistol. Can*t try new things and see if it works for you with that attitude.
    I'm sorry, but that is flawed logic.

Kudos to SIG for trying something new. That doesn't mean it is good.

Red dots had a lot of growing pains. It wasn't until relatively recently that they were reliable enough to put them on a self defense weapon without some sort of backup sights. Without this feedback, nothing improves.

If we can't speak honestly about something, good or bad, then how are we supposed to expect things to improve?

Shutting down conversation about a topic because you disagree with the opinion leads to a chilling effect.

Imagine if everybody came in and said how great the SAS model is for fear of expressing how they really feel. Now pretend you get the thing home and it is nothing like you expected or some circumstance you hadn't thought about hadn't been discussed because of that.

I've personally bought things where every review was glowing only to get the item and find out it is a flawed piece of crap. I'm the kind of guy who reads the negative reviews first and then balances that against the promises of the product.

If you like the SAS model, great. If it works for you, cool. But there are legitimate concerns with the gun beyond just the sighting system such as the ported barrel causing blinding muzzle flash at night or even putting hot debris on you in close quarters.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    If you like the SAS model, great. If it works for you, cool. But there are legitimate concerns with the gun beyond just the sighting system such as the ported barrel causing blinding muzzle flash at night or even putting hot debris on you in close quarters.

-Zach
    Likewise reading negative reviews only leads folks down the road of seeing early or bad released models that have no relevance in
    the conversation. The ported barrel was removed from the P365 very early after concerning feedback like you mention. Does that
    pay justice to someone looking for a pocket gun to see that and dismiss it when it hasn't been a "thing" for several years..
    SigGendered

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Likewise reading negative reviews only leads folks down the road of seeing early or bad released models that have no relevance in
    the conversation. The ported barrel was removed from the P365 very early after concerning feedback like you mention. Does that
    pay justice to someone looking for a pocket gun to see that and dismiss it when it hasn't been a "thing" for several years..
    I think it is still relevant. Especially since the used gun market is a thing.

If you don't know to look for it, you could inadvertantly end up with features which may or may not be what you want.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

I bought a SAA clone marketed from Florida based on a glowing report in the American Rifleman. Nice looking, but tolerances are really bad. A final inspection with a range rod should have put it in the reject pile. Company gone. The thing still brings in over $500 used. Guess there are some good ones, but getting a good one might be a crapshoot.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

All of you that are nay saying this different sighting system better not put a red dot on your rifle or pistol. Can*t try new things and see if it works for you with that attitude.

A red dot sight is adjustable. The sights on the SAS are not. SIG continues to have problems with these sights not being aligned properly from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    A red dot sight is adjustable. The sights on the SAS are not. SIG continues to have problems with these sights not being aligned properly from the factory.
    Link ?
    SigGendered

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    You can do minor adjustments on the SAS sights

There is a TINY bit of play in the mounting holes for the screws. If you back the screws out a tad there is a tiny little wiggle room to reposition the sight.

It's a trial and error process though. Not like adjusting a rifle scope where you come up 2 and left 1.

And the mounting screws are REALLY in there and need to be remounted with lock tite.

There are a couple tutorials on YouTube for it

Red Dots can be viewed at different angles. I have them on some of my guns.

Trench sites require one specific spot to see down the sights.

Not even close for a comparison.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Read the reviews on Sigs own website for the SAS. They mirror what is being said here.....and many are admitted fanbois.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Read the reviews on Sigs own website for the SAS. They mirror what is being said here.....and many are admitted fanbois.
    For giggles, i went to SIG and read the reviews. I can confirm that what is being quoted here is correct. I sorted by newest.

Even the positive reviews weren't all great.

And there are a bunch of nonsense reviews for other sig products in there that are irrelevant. I read multiple about the romeo sight or just traditional p365.

A lot of the reviews that specifically call out the SAS model are not doing so in a positive way.

I got about 10 pages in.

-Zach

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast