Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Canik Whiteout

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Canik Whiteout

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    The fact I had to Google that gun (never even heard of it) and it was only in production for 5 years, doesn't seem like it was shilled for really hard.

What YouTube channels promoted that, because I don't even remember anyone reviewing that one.
    Which is the inherent problem with answering a question like that, the stuff that flops the worst is quickly forgotten. Without googling it can you name the polymer framed .45 Remington brought out?

In regards to who promoted it multiple big channels, a quick search brought up MAC

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Which is the inherent problem with answering a question like that, the stuff that flops the worst is quickly forgotten. Without googling it can you name the polymer framed .45 Remington brought out?

In regards to who promoted it multiple big channels, a quick search brought up MAC

1. That's the arx 100 even before I watch the video, not the 160.

2. Mac gave a horrible review to the RDP when it came out. He had multiple issues with 2 of them. I watched those reviews and discussed it with others. I don't know anyone who liked the Remington and it quickly went away. One of the reasons they went under IMHO. Can you find a good review of the RDB?

(Lycoming County)

Okay, he didn't have any issues with the test gun he had. We're there recalls or something bad design wise with the AEX 100? I know they aren't that popular, but they seemed solid, maybe I'm unaware of something.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Okay, he didn't have any issues with the test gun he had. We're there recalls or something bad design wise with the AEX 100? I know they aren't that popular, but they seemed solid, maybe I'm unaware of something.
    yes, I got the model number wrong, the arx-100 is the civvie version of the arx-160. They're horrendously cheaply made, the furniture feels like you could break it with your bare hands. That's why it was such a flop.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    yes, I got the model number wrong, the arx-100 is the civvie version of the arx-160. They're horrendously cheaply made, the furniture feels like you could break it with your bare hands. That's why it was such a flop.
    So, you don't like it and anyone that did must have been paid off? I'm not getting the connection. The Remington you mentioned I remember MAC and others calling out for being garbage, because it had multiple failures in testing. If a gun functions that's not a bad gun, even if you personally don't like the furniture or ergos.

I'll just let it go, you keep liking whatever guns you like man.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345