Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: LIVE: 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Greenwood Park Mall; shooter is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I always say carrying gives you a chance, doesn*t mean you will win.

But it*s a better chance than someone without a firearm has. I want that chance.
    Which was proven by the second civilian that downed the asswipe. Situation awareness is the key, always be on the look out. Besides it*s always fun looking at the freaks and geeks in Walmart.

Default Re: LIVE: 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Greenwood Park Mall; shooter is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Which was proven by the second civilian that downed the asswipe. Situation awareness is the key, always be on the look out. Besides it*s always fun looking at the freaks and geeks in Walmart.
    It shows the reason why so many mass shootings occur at schools instead of Police stations or gun ranges.

(Wayne County)

This is interesting. The first person shot by the asshole also had a gun but did not have a chance to use it. Speaks to the need for more people to be carrying. The more carrying, the better chance the shooter will be stopped. https://www.wthr.com/article/news/sp...0-acaab48ec4d1
    Yeah. I figured out one time, after the shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Florida years ago, that if the demographic within the club mirrored the concealed carry rates of the rest of Floridians at large, there would have been up to 15 people within the club, beside the shooter, that were armed. But, IIRC, you can't carry in a business that serves alcohol in FLA.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Yeah. I figured out one time, after the shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Florida years ago, that if the demographic within the club mirrored the concealed carry rates of the rest of Floridians at large, there would have been up to 15 people within the club, beside the shooter, that were armed. But, IIRC, you can't carry in a business that serves alcohol in FLA.
    It*s a shame, people should never have to be sitting ducks.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    Wow!

The hero civilian had no military or law enforcement background, assessed the situation, drew his weapon and engaged the shooter within 15 seconds, scored a first round hit, and 8 hits total out of 10 rounds at 40 yards, and killed the shooter.

I definitely need to get to the range a lot more.
    Guy should have some job offers based on that proficiency.

This is interesting. The first person shot by the asshole also had a gun but did not have a chance to use it. Speaks to the need for more people to be carrying. The more carrying, the better chance the shooter will be stopped. https://www.wthr.com/article/news/sp...0-acaab48ec4d1
    I'd be extra pissed, knowing I had a gun but zero opportunity to use it. Doesnt sound like it would've done much good here if he just walked into the shooter by dumb luck, but does speak to situational awareness too.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post

I'd be extra pissed, knowing I had a gun but zero opportunity to use it. Doesnt sound like it would've done much good here if he just walked into the shooter by dumb luck, but does speak to situational awareness too.
    Well, possibly.

Situational awareness is a good thing to practice, no matter where you are. However, the mere act of seeing and recognizing a threat, then taking decisive action is still a 5+ second set of actions. If someone walks directly out of the restroom, raises their rifle and shoots, the likelihood that a normal person does more than think, "Oh, shit!" is extremely low, even if they were kind of expecting it. It's just one of those Final Destination kinda moments and you have no control over it. Much like having a meteorite punch through your roof and kill you in your sleep. The probability is so low that it will happen (despite what the media says) that there is really no way to predict it to prepare for it.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post

He can be the active shooter trainer for Uvalde PD....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234