Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: LIVE: 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Greenwood Park Mall; shooter is dead

While true YOUR carriage of a concealed firearm caused no disruption to MY business, it*s still MY business. I reserve the right to tell gun carriers and just about anyone else to phuk off.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Default Re: LIVE: 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Greenwood Park Mall; shooter is dead

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    While true YOUR carriage of a concealed firearm caused no disruption to MY business, it*s still MY business. I reserve the right to tell gun carriers and just about anyone else to phuk off.
    Except if it's racially motivated. or handicapped motivated. or basically any karen who complains. Remember that cake place that said they didn't want to cater a gay wedding?

(Bucks County)

If you*re referring to the Masterpiece cake case, my understanding is the Co. state Supreme Court ruled in favor of the gays.
    I believe the case was heard by the U.S. Supreme Court and they ruled the gays can go scratch they*re asses with a broken bottle.
    I have enough micro management by the government in terms of the protected classes. My position is as it*s always been; it*s my business, I reserve the right to kick your 2a right to the curb.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(York County)

WHEN SECONDS COUNT --- A PROPERLY ARMED & PREPARED CITIZEN IS EFFECTIVE - 8 SHOTS WORTH!

Gone in 15 seconds: Police correct timeline of armed civilian stopping Indiana mall shooter
    by Cami Mondeaux - July 19, 2022
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-in-15-seconds

The armed bystander credited with ending a shooting at Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana on Sunday killed the suspect in just 15 seconds of the gunman opening fire, according to an updated timeline by police released on Tuesday.

The shooter, identified as 20-year-old Jonathan Douglas Sapirman of Greenwood, exited a mall bathroom and opened fire at 5:56:48 p.m. local time, according to surveillance video obtained by police. He was then killed by "good Samaritan" Elisjsha Dicken moments later at 5:57:03 p.m.

Greenwood police made the correction in the timeline on Tuesday, saying it came after authorities incorrectly stated the day before that it took Dicken two minutes to subdue the gunman.

"I would like to make a correction on a statement made yesterday at the 2:00pm press conference concerning the Greenwood Park Mall Shooting. There was an error in the timeline of events given," Greenwood Police Chief James Ison said in a statement. "This error was simply a result of misreading notes during the conference. I feel the need to correct this immediately."

When Sapirman exited the bathroom, he began firing immediately and struck five people. Dicken responded seconds later with a pistol he was carrying under the state's constitutional carry law. Three people were killed and another two were injured before the shooter himself was killed, according to police.

Although police do not believe Dicken has a military or law enforcement background, Ison praised his quick response.

"Many more people would have died last night if not for a responsible armed citizen who took action within the first two minutes of this shooting," Ison said Monday.

Preliminary autopsy results show Sapirman was shot eight times, the Johnson County Coroner*s Office said Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.

Incidents that result in a bystander stopping the shooter are rare, with only 3% of such attacks over the past 21 years ending with an armed civilian shooting at the suspect, according to data from the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training Center.

Police have not yet determined a motive for the attack, and an attorney for Dicken said he would not be making any public comment out of respect for the three victims until authorities wrapped up their investigation. Officials identified the victims as 30-year-old Victor Gomez, 56-year-old Pedro Pineda, and 37-year-old Rosa Mirian Rivera de Pineda.
    The BOLDED 3% --- That's because CRIMINALS SEEK OUT AND VIOLATE GUN FREE ZONES to do their evil actions. And, typically, law-abiding citizens take the GFZs seriously enough to avoid being harassed by the establishment itself, even though that establishment & bystanders could very well benefit from a responsible, prepared citizen being armed.

I'm glad to see the high profile this aspect of the event has been given by the police.

Hopefully the reporting of other Good-Guy Saves will get to the headlines more often.

Last edited by ImminentDanger; July 20th, 2022 at 10:00 AM.

(Washington County)

Wow!

The hero civilian had no military or law enforcement background, assessed the situation, drew his weapon and engaged the shooter within 15 seconds, scored a first round hit, and 8 hits total out of 10 rounds at 40 yards, and killed the shooter.

I definitely need to get to the range a lot more.

This is interesting. The first person shot by the asshole also had a gun but did not have a chance to use it. Speaks to the need for more people to be carrying. The more carrying, the better chance the shooter will be stopped. https://www.wthr.com/article/news/sp...0-acaab48ec4d1

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    This is interesting. The first person shot by the asshole also had a gun but did not have a chance to use it. Speaks to the need for more people to be carrying. The more carrying, the better chance the shooter will be stopped. https://www.wthr.com/article/news/sp...0-acaab48ec4d1
    Proof that having a gun makes you 100x more likely to be killed by a gun.

At least that's the way the mentally defective left sees it.

Also, I'm going to go start a new thread so we can discuss the same topic in as many threads as possible!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Proof that having a gun makes you 100x more likely to be killed by a gun.

At least that's the way the mentally defective left sees it.

Also, I'm going to go start a new thread so we can discuss the same topic in as many threads as possible!
    In all fairness, I think this was the first thread started on the topic. And the only one I posted in earlier so at least I am not thread hopping cross posting my thoughts in multiple threads.

Btw*. I love all the negatives the antis try to bring up. People in the middle can see through the b.s. I mean really, who with 1/2 a brain says, darn the guy should not have been carrying in the mall, More people should have died?

It also points out the stupidity of gun free zones

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Sucks that someone who took responsibility for their self-protection never had a chance to exercise it. How many gun owners who carry carry a false sense of invulnerability?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Sucks that someone who took responsibility for their self-protection never had a chance to exercise it. How many gun owners who carry carry a false sense of invulnerability?
    I always say carrying gives you a chance, doesn*t mean you will win.

But it*s a better chance than someone without a firearm has. I want that chance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast