Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

i have heard some of the game lands are danger-est

(Berks County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The King's Game Commission is so powerful they are an exception to the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution. They needn't bother getting a warrant to search and seize. All they need to do is point guns at you and take anything they want and it's all legal.
    You're not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I guess we should ban 25rd drum mags filled with 1oz slugs in our semi autos since blood seems to be running from the woods.

Feelings, not facts. Maybe they should make safe spaces in the woods.
    Please delete this post.

Too late. There are likely already discussions about establishing 'gun free hunting zones.'

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    And....the commonwealth owns the deer. With one selective exception...when one runs out and collides with your car. The state still owns the deer, but is not responsible for its behavior like we are responsible for consequences stemming from what we own.
    Funny how that works???
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Lawrence County)

You can hunt big game with a semi-auto rifle and a 5 round mag legally, you just don't want to pay the price of admission on that one.

"Here is the one trick the PGC doesn't want you to know about!"

Cuts off hand

"It really works!"

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Bucks County)

In the interest of increasing hunter safety, the Pennsylvania Game Commission is requesting professional naturalists to contact the commission to aid in the establishment of gun-free hunting zones.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Sure, all hunters are rocket scientists . . .

https://www.foxnews.com/us/montana-w...y-mistook-wolf
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Sure, all hunters are rocket scientists . . .

https://www.foxnews.com/us/montana-w...y-mistook-wolf
    That story is atleast a semi understandable mistake unlike the cows and horses shot mistaken as deer....

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    That story is atleast a semi understandable mistake unlike the cows and horses shot mistaken as deer....
    On the FOX site, someone tells the story of a cowboy who walks up to a hunter who immediately says "It's my deer, I shot it!" and the cowboy says "Can I at least take my saddle off him?"

Most of these stories can be explained by the morons who think it's "something brown or moving in the shrubbery" season. I just don't think those folks need the ability to fire more negligent shots more quickly, and the careful hunters don't either, not against unarmed animals who aren't shooting back. You can all have Uzi SMG's for home defense and for shopping at Walmart for all I care, but hunting is different.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    On the FOX site, someone tells the story of a cowboy who walks up to a hunter who immediately says "It's my deer, I shot it!" and the cowboy says "Can I at least take my saddle off him?"

Most of these stories can be explained by the morons who think it's "something brown or moving in the shrubbery" season. I just don't think those folks need the ability to fire more negligent shots more quickly, and the careful hunters don't either, not against unarmed animals who aren't shooting back. You can all have Uzi SMG's for home defense and for shopping at Walmart for all I care, but hunting is different.
    I really don't see a massive difference between hunting and something like concealed carry. You even see the same "need"-based arguments like "nobody needs X rounds to defend themselves, if it takes more than six you shouldn't have a gun!" I think you'd need to actually look at the data to figure out what leads to people getting hurt and draw the line based on hard evidence. The majority of accidents seem to be because people in the same party aren't following basic safety rules in a manner that has little to do with the action of the firearm. Looking at some examples from 2021... A young hunter killed someone because they shot at a deer, missed, and hit a family member 300 yards away in the head. Another person was killed when their hunting partner slipped and fell, ND'ing into them. Yet another hunter was injured participating in a driven hunt, three people shot at the deer from different angles, and one was struck by a bullet fragment that deflected off of a tree. The best example of target misidentification that year was the kid who was killed in a state park when a guy mistook him for a groundhog, but even there the fact that semi-automatic rimfires are legal for small game was completely irrelevant to the issue. It was a single shot delivered precisely to a misidentified target. Given that the vast majority of the country allows it, I would think that the claim that it's dangerous would have a healthy amount of data supporting it at this point. I fear that when we let what is scary or unfamiliar be the driving force for these kinds of things, it's a race to the bottom. If the PGC was founded 50 years earlier, people would be arguing about whether or not smokeless powder and bottlenecked cartridges are too dangerous. Semi-automatics are the standard action of the 21st century; it should be reflected in our hunting laws.

(Bucks County)

It's OK. I can rapid-fire my 8-shot .357 revolver quick enough to sound and act like a semi-automatic.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast