Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

I've really been considering moving to Pa as I'm coming down the finish line toward retirement, well 3 years to go. As I've loosely read into some of PA's hunting regulations, I was kind of suprised that a 10MM glock with a 6 inch barrel, and an AR15 in 350 Legend (straight wall) are MD legal and not in PA. I guess every state has their own weird twist on things.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by jef955 View Post
    I've really been considering moving to Pa as I'm coming down the finish line toward retirement, well 3 years to go. As I've loosely read into some of PA's hunting regulations, I was kind of suprised that a 10MM glock with a 6 inch barrel, and an AR15 in 350 Legend (straight wall) are MD legal and not in PA. I guess every state has their own weird twist on things.
    But when you look at things unrelated to hunting, but still related to firearms, PA wins hands down compared to MD. lol

We still have a bunch of Fudds in PA. Sooner or later they will die-off or move to Florida or Arizona.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Butler County)

I don't agree that PA should restrict the use of semi-auto rifles during deer season, but I personally would probably still continue to use a manual-action rifle just because of the added challenge. but that should be a personal choice, not one made for you by pa.gov
    -Brandon

Absolutely, PA is DEFINTELY better than MD overall on general gun rights. We have plenty of Fudds here too, I guess they're kind of like Biden or Hillary supporters.. The Penecillin resistant case of ghonorreha that just won't go away !!

I don't agree with it either, particulalry in the more rural areas of PA. Md is developing so fast, the places you could safely use a rifle are going at an alarming rate. I guess the faster it's built the faster they can tax it ! Western MD isnt too bad along with the eastern shore, but they're both growing.
    I hunt not too terribly far from DC, and there are houses less than 100 yards away (Belt Woods NEA) on the outer perimiter of the property which is 600 acres. I'm suprised hunting is allowed there at all to be honest, for ages it was shotgun only till they approved straight wall use there.

(Berks County)

PA is pretty good with other than hunting firearm laws, but even though retirement is about 7 years out, I'm keeping an eye on West Virginia.

We could use some more gun/conservative voters in PA, but moving MD to WV seems better to me than MD to PA.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    PA is pretty good with other than hunting firearm laws, but even though retirement is about 7 years out, I'm keeping an eye on West Virginia.

We could use some more gun/conservative voters in PA, but moving MD to WV seems better to me than MD to PA.
    I actually spend a fair bit of time in WV, I have a friend that lives in New Creek in Mineral County. I really like it, but the thing I like about PA is that it's a little more "developed" than Wv if that makes sense. We also go to Clearfield (West Decatur actually) about 6 times a year as we have friends there, and I really like that area. We have a lot to consider, one big being medical care. My wife is a medical adventure, and being an hour or so from UPMC would be good for us. You dont find a Cerebrovascular Neurosurgeon specializing in Subarachnoid shunt placement/monitoring outside of major medical (usually teaching) hospitals - which she needs.

But I definatelty agree with you - WV is the better of the two as far as 2A issues, and we can't get the hell out of MD fast enough !!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jef955 View Post
    I actually spend a fair bit of time in WV, I have a friend that lives in New Creek in Mineral County. I really like it, but the thing I like about PA is that it's a little more "developed" than Wv if that makes sense. We also go to Clearfield (West Decatur actually) about 6 times a year as we have friends there, and I really like that area. We have a lot to consider, one big being medical care. My wife is a medical adventure, and being an hour or so from UPMC would be good for us. You dont find a Cerebrovascular Neurosurgeon specializing in Subarachnoid shunt placement/monitoring outside of major medical (usually teaching) hospitals - which she needs.

But I definatelty agree with you - WV is the better of the two as far as 2A issues, and we can't get the hell out of MD fast enough !!
    Understood. There are areas of PA that are very nice, somewhat remote, and yet fairly easy travel to more 'modern' conveniences.

I hear there are some very cheap housing options in Braddock, PA...

Calling traditionalist hunters, "FUDDS", is not helping your cause.......

(Bucks County)

We don*t call traditional hunters fuddd. We call fudds, fudds. There*s a difference.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast