Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario512 View Post
    I think it's because if your a good shot you don't need a 30 round magazine. Think about the old guy who has been hunting most of his life and takes a deer with one shot. Now think about him sitting in his tree stand or worse yet sitting in a blind.
    Now think about the guy who sees the deer and starts popping off rounds as it's running because he missed his "one shot " . I'm not saying you shouldn't own a Military style weapon, I'm just saying it's not for hunting. This is my opinion and reply to the thread.
    I was always taught " Safety First " !
    Oh look, more fudd doom.
    If safety was an issue, it would be reflected in the data from the states that allow semiauto actions.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Because those evil 30 round assault gun clip magazines brainwash ordinary people into crazy mass shooters while also making you forget literally every aspect of marksmanship you may have ever learned, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    What does a 30 round magazine have to do with a semi automatic rifle or being a good shot? We already have limitless magazine capacity for some semi automatic hunting and you can hang a drum magazine from any single shot that can take it, here in PA. The blood hasn't been running from the woods yet.

In PA, you can use a semi auto shotgun for big game, no mag restrictions. You can use a semi auto rifle for furbearers, no magazine restriction. There has yet to be a valid argument against semi auto rifles for big game. Tradition, advantage, safety, these things are not an issue for almost every other game season or state but feelings are more important than facts I guess.

(Bucks County)

Just as a point of order.
    -In fudd-speak, it's not magazines it's clips. If you have to take off your shoes to line up enough piggies to count the number of rounds, it's called Bananna clips.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Easy fix: side charge upper, barrel with no gas port.

Voilá! Single action AR15 . Or, buy a Troy PAR and call it a day, for anyone wanting an AR style rifle to hunt with in Fuddsylvania
    Sorry for the necro, but this thread got the closest to my question. My friend from MD has a 350Legend AR that
    He hunts deer there with. If we pull and block the gas system, can he legally hunt on my private land with this?
    I’m reading That it might be legal but an officer may confiscate and put the burden of proof on him later in court
    Like having a kali key ?
    (It is a side charged so the kali may not be a good option)
    SigGendered

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Sorry for the necro, but this thread got the closest to my question. My friend from MD has a 350Legend AR that
    He hunts deer there with. If we pull and block the gas system, can he legally hunt on my private land with this?
    I*m reading That it might be legal but an officer may confiscate and put the burden of proof on him later in court
    Like having a kali key ?
    (It is a side charged so the kali may not be a good option)
    Does he want a blast of high pressure hot gasses sprayed out of the top of the barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Does he want a blast of high pressure hot gasses sprayed out of the top of the barrel?
    ???
    SigGendered

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    ???
    Anything you try to use to block the gas system is going to have to be strong enough to contain around 55,000psi

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Anything you try to use to block the gas system is going to have to be strong enough to contain around 55,000psi
    A gas block flipped over or around. * this wasn*t a gunsmith question, it*s a policy/legal question..
    SigGendered

(Allegheny County)

They*re not going to legalize them, it will make it more difficult to ban them later if people are using them to hunt.
    Today was a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    They*re not going to legalize them, it will make it more difficult to ban them later if people are using them to hunt.
    But semiauto is legal in California and newyuck and they have aw bans.....

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021