Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    States that ban the kinds of rifles being discussed in this thread:
    California
    New Jersey
    Connecticut
    Hawaii
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    New York
    When I lived and hunted in California I hunted with a Browning semiautomatic rifle. It was and is legal to own in CA and other states. It was a great rifle and I would still have it if PA allowed me to hunt with it.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I can see why my analogy went over your head.

Nobody has addressed my question of "why do you need to miss faster?" You have to balance the interests; people hunting near busy roads or occupied houses, who would rather be able to miss quickly than to practice and learn to fucking hit the target.

AOC and Pelosi would challenge your right to hunt at all, and forbid your ownership of any semi-autos, on their way to banning pumps and revolvers and lever guns.

Next time you hear something you disagree with, maybe act like an adult and explain why your personal whims are worth a few extra deaths in heavily-built up areas like eastern PA.

BTW, a significant number of those other states ban your possession of semi-auto rifles entirely, so they don't need to ban them for hunting.
    Your analogy was terrible because it used a personal budgeting problem as an example when government overreach and control were the issue.

I rarely miss when hunting and don*t consider shooting faster at a moving target to be the solution to a missed first shot. There is zero reason to believe more people will be killed with semiautomatic rifles. You are making things up.

(Delaware County)

I don't think that the pagc is doing anything inherently unconstitutional given that hunting is thing that is least protected by the 2nd, but I am of the opinion that the rules should be changed to reasonably accommodate the modern market. If there is no data proving that the law is making people safer, then the default is not to have it. I also think the single round thing would be better than what we currently have, but I would much prefer 2 since you might want a follow up shot if you wound the animal. Single loading a semi auto can be tedious and prolong the suffering of a deer. Even an average public gamelands hunter can whiff a deer, cycle the action on his 30-30, and blast a round over the hilltop in a fraction of a second. Pros can get 3+ rounds adventuring through the atmosphere using 19th century weaponry in the blink of an eye, so I don't see 2 rounds in an AR being a deal breaker compared to any other repeating arm.

From my perspective there are two clear benefits. First, accessibility. The first rifle someone will buy these days is probably an AR, because home defense and preparing for the apocalypse currently outpace hunting in terms of broad appeal. Many people, myself included, had to buy a gun specifically for hunting rather than being able to use what I had. Second, there is a lot of innovation in the semi-auto hunting market that PA hunters are excluded from. 450 Bushmaster and 350 Legend were AR calibers before they were chambered in bolt guns. Some people also like the notion of being able to swap an upper and kill a deer using the same system they practice the most at the range with. ARs are also fully free-floated if you have an aluminum forend, which comes with some accuracy advantages. ARs are also weatherproof, while cheap bolt guns rust. Hell, many high-end precision bolt guns are modeled after the AR platform now because it is extremely well designed. There is no "need" argument because with enough $$$ you can get a boltgun that does anything you could want, but in my opinion it just needlessly makes things less accessible. I'd need to spend $2k to get a rifle that I can shoot as well as my $1k AR.

(Allegheny County)

I have a suppressor coming for my ar and would like to use it when I take my young son hunting. Every AR platform rifle has a threaded barrel.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    I have a suppressor coming for my ar and would like to use it when I take my young son hunting. Every AR platform rifle has a threaded barrel.
    Not in some of the peoples republic states... Threaded barrels are one of the evil parts.
    NY state legal AR...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Not in some of the peoples republic states... Threaded barrels are one of the evil parts.
    NY state legal AR...

That is lame. Even lamer that you can*t hunt with it in PA

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    That is lame. Even lamer that you can*t hunt with it in PA
    But you can with this...
    Kali-Key-6-e1575661518666-picsay.jpg

Or this [without the light]...
    franklin-armory-ca-7-w-kali-key-v0-0u20jgfb94p91-picsay.jpg
    Last edited by Mr_Gixxer; December 4th, 2022 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Edited text for second photo
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    When did they allow semiautomatic pistols?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    When did they allow semiautomatic pistols?
    I wasn't aware they did. Neither of those photos are semi auto.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I guess I should also clarify that the light on that pistol would not be allowed for hunting deer.
    μολ ν λαβέ

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast