Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    We don*t call traditional hunters fuddd. We call fudds, fudds. There*s a difference.
    I don't care if people are a traditional hunters, using bolt action rifles, but they become fudds when they tell everyone else that's the only way to hunt.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Calling traditionalist hunters, "FUDDS", is not helping your cause.......
    Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    We don*t call traditional hunters fuddd. We call fudds, fudds. There*s a difference.
    I'm fine with some one who is a traditionalist, some of those ways are a very hard skill to learn and master. The issue becomes when someone wants to limit other people's way of hunting because its not their tradition or their way. when that happens that person is a fudd. I hunt with flintlock, inline, archery and a rifle. I love learning new ways to hunt and don't want to limit others who are interested in hunting. my normal deer rifles is one of 2 troy PAR rifles that are basically AR pumps and boy do some people give me the stink eye when they see me hunting with it. especially since its suppressed.

The PA game laws are regulated by the PA legislature through Title58 Chapter 141
    Pennsylvania "Fudds" have little or no say in what the PA game codes are outside of actually voting for their representatives and voicing their concerns in the general assembly meetings.
    You want to blame someone blame the liberals who block Legislation expanding sunday hunting and determining what firearms we can or cannot use. Part of the process is suggestions and proposals from the PA game Commission for legislation in the coming seasons. Ever since they were mandated to allow non hunting and animal rights people on the game commission,( people who have no business poking their noses in how game is managed in PA) these liberals have been obstructing the progress of adding or changing the game code for the better. Blaming the "Fudds" does noting but further division and creates hostility among our hunting ranks.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    The PA game laws are regulated by the PA legislature through Title58 Chapter 141
    Pennsylvania "Fudds" have little or no say in what the PA game codes are outside of actually voting for their representatives and voicing their concerns in the general assembly meetings.
    You want to blame someone blame the liberals who block Legislation expanding sunday hunting and determining what firearms we can or cannot use. Part of the process is suggestions and proposals from the PA game Commission for legislation in the coming seasons. Ever since they were mandated to allow non hunting and animal rights people on the game commission,( people who have no business poking their noses in how game is managed in PA) these liberals have been obstructing the progress of adding or changing the game code for the better. Blaming the "Fudds" does noting but further division and creates hostility among our hunting ranks.
    the farm bureau was a big advocate against sunday hunting.

the semi auto use and authority was given to the game commission in 2016 under HB 263. The game commission has said that polls show to many hunters dont want semi-auto for big game.
    https://www.post-gazette.com/life/ou...s/201611220170

the bill that passed and was signed by wolf had this added
    (B.1) ADDITIONAL EXCEPTION.--A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE MAY BE
    USED TO HUNT GAME IN ACCORDANCE WITH REGULATIONS PROMULGATED BY
    THE COMMISSION

here is Prince's blog about the polling of hunters
    https://blog.princelaw.com/2017/03/3...ught%20to%20be.

and again in 2019 the game commission said to many hunters are against it regardless of the safety record in other states
    https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-...spx?newsid=282

(Bucks County)

The above is an excellent counter point to bigandy*s post.
    Fostering division by calling out fudds is a good thing. The sooner the fudds get off the ground and down into it, the sooner the matter is settled.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Well done!
    I stand corrected.
    But its easier to get people to understand your viewpoint if you are not belittling them and calling them names.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Well done!
    I stand corrected.
    But its easier to get people to understand your viewpoint if you are not belittling them and calling them names.
    I agree with you on that. I get the frustration on both sides. Some people want to be able to hunt any way they want and some can see their tradition disappearing with changes. Just look at the in fighting about the Saturday opener. The goal for everyone should be to make sure that hunting continues to be passed on to the next generation and doesn't go away.

and the way to do this is to change with the times
    Evolutionary principals apply to societal constructs too.

I'm not really well-versed in this issue, and I have not read the 68 posts already here. But I know that
    (a) we do have too many really dangerous hunters out there who shoot at "something brown" (it's never "something brown season"), and
    (b) it's unlikely that you need a hunting semi-auto if your first shot hits your intended target, and
    (c) most hunting takes place without any backstop, where the beaten zone is often trees or shrubs or people's houses or where people are hiking or driving or walking their dogs, and
    (d) it's not worth one life to enable bad hunters to send more shots into occluded areas faster.

More rounds into homes or more dead people on the ground translate into a greater chance that hunting will be totally banned in larger and larger areas. Because for most, it's a hobby, and hobbies are worth zero innocent lives.

This argument does NOT transfer easily against self-defense weaponry. Semi-auto handguns and rifles and shotguns meet a need to defend against predators who are shooting back, who work pretty hard to surprise you, who often strike at night when they're hard to see, and they often attack in groups of 2 or more. The risks of semi-auto self-defense guns are balanced against the victim lives saved because the victim had the power to project a lot of rounds against people who are actively hiding while shooting at the victim. I'm not aware of any game animals who are shooting back.

Remember this moron hunter, last year and near me? What do you think THAT does for popular support for hunting within state parks?
    https://www.buckscountycouriertimes....er/7829197002/
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I'm not really well-versed in this issue, and I have not read the 68 posts already here. But I know that
    (a) we do have too many really dangerous hunters out there who shoot at "something brown" (it's never "something brown season"), and
    (b) it's unlikely that you need a hunting semi-auto if your first shot hits your intended target, and
    (c) most hunting takes place without any backstop, where the beaten zone is often trees or shrubs or people's houses or where people are hiking or driving or walking their dogs, and
    (d) it's not worth one life to enable bad hunters to send more shots into occluded areas faster.

More rounds into homes or more dead people on the ground translate into a greater chance that hunting will be totally banned in larger and larger areas. Because for most, it's a hobby, and hobbies are worth zero innocent lives.

This argument does NOT transfer easily against self-defense weaponry. Semi-auto handguns and rifles and shotguns meet a need to defend against predators who are shooting back, who work pretty hard to surprise you, who often strike at night when they're hard to see, and they often attack in groups of 2 or more. The risks of semi-auto self-defense guns are balanced against the victim lives saved because the victim had the power to project a lot of rounds against people who are actively hiding while shooting at the victim. I'm not aware of any game animals who are shooting back.

Remember this moron hunter, last year and near me? What do you think THAT does for popular support for hunting within state parks?
    https://www.buckscountycouriertimes....er/7829197002/
    48 states allow semiautomatic for hunting including California, the "it'll be a war zone" holds no water. It's never been about NEEDING a semiautomatic people spray and pray with lever guns and pumps.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast