Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Private property, have at it, state game lands, no way. Already too many yahoos hunt the game lands.
    FJB

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I have one for my AR-15 and my AR-10 but I'm afraid to use them. I'm worried a Game Warden would seize the gun and you would have to prove it's not semi auto somehow. That would be tough to do when they have your gun. I also wonder if it would be an issue since it's not permanently switched. I know you can't do anything without the original bolt but I don't know if that would matter to them. I've had some that were great and others that were complete pricks so I don't know how that would go. I'm not willing to risk $1k rifle when I can just use my 30-06 pump.

The older generation of hunters are all one shot one kill snipers with their 30-30's so they don't see the need to turn the woods into a "war zone" with semi autos. I'm sure they kill a deer every ten years so they know what they are talking about.
    We live in a pretty rural, tight knit conservative area where the game warden here is just one of us. It's good to know the people who serve us and communicate with them. Another thing to consider is the ability to build one as a kali key single shot gun from the ground up. Some people could also have been fortunate enough to build ARs back when they were under 300 bucks without a rear sight or mag so not a real big investment.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

The statue doesn*t say anything about having to have a semi that*s *permanently converted* or *not convertible in the field*
    That*s just more institutional folklore from dumbass game wardens not knowing the laws they enforce. The game commission is one of the most poorly trained le groups in Pa.
    A Cali key is fine- although you might very well have to prove it before a magistrate (as opposed to a real judge) if the prick game warden confiscates it.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Chester County)

I don't hunt, so have no skin in the game.

However, it feels like there should be an even playing field for the game. For example, I think it's reasonable for there to be a 3-round (plug) requirement for shotties when hunting small game in PA.

(Clinton County)

Semi auto AR or AK style shotguns are another fun option for big game right now. Drum mags are probably too heavy though when fully loaded.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Semi auto AR or AK style shotguns are another fun option for big game right now. Drum mags are probably too heavy though when fully loaded.
    I can assure you, lugging around a Saiga-12 with the 20 round drum is way more weight than I want to carry. Although the thought of wrecking a whole flock of starlings would be nice.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I don't hunt, so have no skin in the game.

However, it feels like there should be an even playing field for the game. For example, I think it's reasonable for there to be a 3-round (plug) requirement for shotties when hunting small game in PA.
    Right. I get a gun of of any kind at all, let alone one plugged to three rounds and you don*t get any gun at all- that sound like an even playing field to you?

If it was an even playing field, you*d have to hunt game with a freaking knife or a sharp stick. I prefer to carry the guns I*m comfortable with and that I like, being I have to stare at it all damn day in the woods.

Ever see how devastating the Amish can be with their coordinated drives and that dreadful piece of shit, the Remington 760?
    There*s a reason it*s referred to as the Amish machine gun.

I*d like to hunt with the rifle I shoot best. Coincidentally, the same rifle I used for hunting men. As long as one sticks to the rules, the tool used shouldn*t matter. The only reason it matters is because small minded fudds like to poke their dirty fingers into other people*s business. Blue laws are a great example of this.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

My sister puts flo green vests with HORSE or DONKEY in 2 foot letters on her critters.

I would imagine a lot of opposition comes from property owners that threaten to post property if people can hunt with semi's.

Personally I would love to take a deer with my M1.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Right. I get a gun of of any kind at all, let alone one plugged to three rounds and you don*t get any gun at all- that sound like an even playing field to you?

If it was an even playing field, you*d have to hunt game with a freaking knife or a sharp stick. I prefer to carry the guns I*m comfortable with and that I like, being I have to stare at it all damn day in the woods.

Ever see how devastating the Amish can be with their coordinated drives and that dreadful piece of shit, the Remington 760?
    There*s a reason it*s referred to as the Amish machine gun.

I*d like to hunt with the rifle I shoot best. Coincidentally, the same rifle I used for hunting men. As long as one sticks to the rules, the tool used shouldn*t matter. The only reason it matters is because small minded fudds like to poke their dirty fingers into other people*s business. Blue laws are a great example of this.
    Like I said I don't hunt, so I understand that you care way more about this than I do. (It's easier for me to buy meat at Wegman's and it tastes better.)

I just find it ridiculous that fudds would think it is sporting to sit in a tree stand and be able to throw multiple (semi-auto) rounds at a deer. A hunter sucks at shooting if he can't drop a deer with one shot, or 2-3 with a limit.

(Bucks County)

AR15 in most cases is .223/5.56. I haven*t looked lately, but its always been *center fire of at least .25 caliber* for big game. That would rule out AR15 in the *normal* calibers, or did that rule change?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast