Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Too many people are just selfish pricks, doesn't matter if they're passing a bike, a buggy or another car.
    Or doing anything else in society for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    that one is practically going to need a SCOTUS ruling to sort out, as different locales have different reads on how it should be handled.
    as a driver and cyclist, I can say that "it depends" is the only answer I can give.
    I know there's the scenario that even most motor vehicles operators abuse. Rural intersection, no cars anywhere, slow down but don't completely stop. I get that. We all probably do it. No one around, no harm, no foul.

OTOH, I have seen a line of cars at an intersection, and the cyclist passes several on the shoulder, gives a quick look, and goes right through the stop sign. Especially where there is no road to the right. Like they want to 'share the road' when it's convenient for them, but then just cruise through an intersection so they don't have to be delayed.

Like it's been said. Majority of people are self centered a-holes regardless of their mode of transportation.

(Berks County)

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

we had a bicyclist yesterday that darted from the shoulder going with traffic to the middle of the road to run a red light of a busy intersection without slowing down to make a left turn. luckily the car at the front didnt try and jump the light on him like most people do. some bicyclists are fine and follow the same rules as cars and some are asking to be hit.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    the car.
    assuming you made no signal to turn right, the vehicle shall treat you as another vehicle, as if you occupied the entire lane. as such they should have waited for you to cross through the intersection and turned after you.
    Lol your bike isn't a fucking car.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Or doing anything else in society for that matter.

I know there's the scenario that even most motor vehicles operators abuse. Rural intersection, no cars anywhere, slow down but don't completely stop. I get that. We all probably do it. No one around, no harm, no foul.

OTOH, I have seen a line of cars at an intersection, and the cyclist passes several on the shoulder, gives a quick look, and goes right through the stop sign. Especially where there is no road to the right. Like they want to 'share the road' when it's convenient for them, but then just cruise through an intersection so they don't have to be delayed.

Like it's been said. Majority of people are self centered a-holes regardless of their mode of transportation.
    Yup. Fuck those spandex/lycra wearing bicycle douches.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Lol your bike isn't a fucking car.
    Ever hear of hand signals?
    If you believe bicyclists should follow the rules of the road same as motor vehicles, then treat them as motor vehicles. Can't have it both ways.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Ever hear of hand signals?
    If you believe bicyclists should follow the rules of the road same as motor vehicles, then treat them as motor vehicles. Can't have it both ways.
    That's precisely the point. Like certain political entities. When it benefits me, good. When it doesn't, bad.

(Chester County)

I don't have a bike, but always rent one when I'm on vacation. I follow all traffic laws while riding, including stop signs, traffic lights and hand signals.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    It seems like cyclists have now become another protected class. They're getting their own lanes or signage for cars to share the lane with them, ironically not the other way around. I sometimes see them, even in groups, give a quick head check at a stop sign, then blast right through it, like 10 cyclists are one vehicle.

I guess they deserve special dispensation for the being the victims of historical oppression.
    Well they should be, they don’t run on fossil fuel silly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234