Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

I was riding my bike on public roads today. As I approached an intersection with a road to the right and no stop signs to go straight, a car behind me passed me on my left, and turned right across my path of travel, cutting me off and forcing me to brake. Who was wrong?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    It is difficult to get great exercise riding on grades <= 1%. I can ride 30+ miles on a rails to trails and not get as much exercise as 10 miles on-road.
    Yes, but you don't put yourself and the driver at risk by driving on inappropriate roads. And couldn't you click up a few gears or does that just work for my old ass, out of shape body?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Yes, but you don't put yourself and the driver at risk by driving on inappropriate roads. And couldn't you click up a few gears or does that just work for my old ass, out of shape body?
    19 miles on road today. There is nothing like actual hills where you have to go to gear 1-1 to continue.
    I always obey the rules of the road when cars are around.

(Berks County)

I was riding my bike on public roads today. As I approached an intersection with a road to the right and no stop signs to go straight, a car behind me passed me on my left, and turned right across my path of travel, cutting me off and forcing me to brake. Who was wrong?
    Perhaps I have been to harsh on the cycling community, so upon further consideration, I think it's just safe to say that about 80% of drivers/riders of two, three, four or more wheeled motorized and non-motorized vehicles as just plain a-holes. In fact, 80% of people in general are probably a-holes.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Perhaps I have been to harsh on the cycling community, so upon further consideration, I think it's just safe to say that about 80% of drivers/riders of two, three, four or more wheeled motorized and non-motorized vehicles as just plain a-holes. In fact, 80% of people in general are probably a-holes.
    I am a newbie bike rider, but most people in cars are just impatient. He could have allowed me to clear the intersection, then turned, without costing himself any time at all.

(Lancaster County)

I am a newbie bike rider, but most people in cars are just impatient. He could have allowed me to clear the intersection, then turned, without costing himself any time at all.
    Too many people are just selfish pricks, doesn't matter if they're passing a bike, a buggy or another car.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

19 miles on road today. There is nothing like actual hills where you have to go to gear 1-1 to continue.
    I always obey the rules of the road when cars are around.
    I hope nothing happens to you out there and the roads are less crowded than around here.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I hope nothing happens to you out there and the roads are less crowded than around here.
    Agreed. I try to stay away from busy roads, but that often puts me on roads with minimal shoulders.
    (Side note: bike riding has been the source of most of my weight loss. 30 pounds since last September. 220# down to 190#. I'm not giving it up because there are asshole drivers. )

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    How about a class to teach pedestrians to watch for motor vehicles while walking on a road, or to obey crosswalk signs? Or one for bicyclists reinforcing that they are to obey the same rules of the road as motor vehicles, like stopping at stop signs?
    that one is practically going to need a SCOTUS ruling to sort out, as different locales have different reads on how it should be handled.
    as a driver and cyclist, I can say that "it depends" is the only answer I can give.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

the car.
    assuming you made no signal to turn right, the vehicle shall treat you as another vehicle, as if you occupied the entire lane. as such they should have waited for you to cross through the intersection and turned after you.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast