Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    It seems like cyclists have now become another protected class. They're getting their own lanes or signage for cars to share the lane with them, ironically not the other way around. I sometimes see them, even in groups, give a quick head check at a stop sign, then blast right through it, like 10 cyclists are one vehicle.

I guess they deserve special dispensation for the being the victims of historical oppression.
    My comment was tongue in cheek, I really can't stand cyclists. Especially the ones who ride around here for exercise on twisty, hilly, blind roads with no shoulders when the Perkiomen Trail (a paved/semi-paved path that runs for about 50 miles) is a quarter mile away.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 🤔 Nanny S New drivers must take a pedestrian and bicycle safety course to obtain

It seems like cyclists have now become another protected class. They're getting their own lanes or signage for cars to share the lane with them, ironically not the other way around. I sometimes see them, even in groups, give a quick head check at a stop sign, then blast right through it, like 10 cyclists are one vehicle.

I guess they deserve special dispensation for the being the victims of historical oppression.
    Because they are mostly all hard-core liberals, and the dems need to keep them for getting offed, or offing themselves as much as possible.

The majority of nanny laws are to protect the stupid and liberals, the exact ones that nature should be left to sort out.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    My comment was tongue in cheek, I really can't stand cyclists. Especially the ones who ride around here for exercise on twisty, hilly, blind roads with no shoulders when the Perkiomen Trail (a paved/semi-paved path that runs for about 50 miles) is a quarter mile away.
    It is difficult to get great exercise riding on grades <= 1%. I can ride 30+ miles on a rails to trails and not get as much exercise as 10 miles on-road.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

a lane for a cyclist is one less lane for a car, or a tighter road for a car prompting reduced speed limits.
    the end goal is still to push everyone into walk/cycle/public transit range. the more expensive and onerous it is to drive, the better.
    same with guns.

PS, hence the expansion of commercial/multi resident zoning at the behest of extra fed bux. turn suburbia into mini-urbia with duplexes and Sec 8 apartment buildings and use it to consolidate the masses that matter.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    a lane for a cyclist is one less lane for a car, or a tighter road for a car prompting reduced speed limits.
    the end goal is still to push everyone into walk/cycle/public transit range. the more expensive and onerous it is to drive, the better.
    same with guns.

PS, hence the expansion of commercial/multi resident zoning at the behest of extra fed bux. turn suburbia into mini-urbia with duplexes and Sec 8 apartment buildings and use it to consolidate the masses that matter.
    Ever read ready player one?

It's damn near their playbook.

(Berks County)

It just happened again this morning. I come up on six cyclists to a 'T' intersection with one stop sign, the way they were going. Leader takes a quick look and they all go right through the intersection. Granted, only about 8 MPH, but a motor vehicle did that...

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Ever read ready player one?

It's damn near their playbook.
    it's easy to see parallels in so much these days.
    back in the day it was just all conspiracy theory.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

I find eBike and eScooters riders to be worse. Streaker might be an exception. Blowing through stop signs and red lights, going the wrong way on one way streets and speeding sidewalks.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    same with guns.

And how, exactly, does a bicycle differ from a horse and buggy or even just a horse and rider? All of which have to adhere to the same traffic laws as motor vehicles. The only real difference between bicycles and Amish buggies is that bicycles frequently don't follow transportation laws, while buggies do. Perhaps LEOs should begin enforcing moving violations amongst bicycles and treat every vehicle equally.

ETA: All it takes is the will to enforce the law. But, if that were to occur, we'd hear a lot of whining from many of the same folks about "government heavy-handedness".
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    This morning I passed 4 cyclists on a country road in Honey Brook and dropped my speed to a couple mph's faster than they were peddling.

Amish guys in buggies are better drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    And how, exactly, does a bicycle differ from a horse and buggy or even just a horse and rider? All of which have to adhere to the same traffic laws as motor vehicles. The only real difference between bicycles and Amish buggies is that bicycles frequently don't follow transportation laws, while buggies do. Perhaps LEOs should begin enforcing moving violations amongst bicycles and treat every vehicle equally.

ETA: All it takes is the will to enforce the law. But, if that were to occur, we'd hear a lot of whining from many of the same folks about "government heavy-handedness".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast