Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Missouri AG Condemns FBI’s Illegal Attempts to Harvest Concealed Carry Permit Info

Missouri Attorney General Condemns FBI's Illegal Attempts to Harvest Concealed Carry Permit Information from Missouri Sheriffs

Jul 13, 2022, 14:24 PM by AG Schmitt
    JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Today, Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray demanding that they cease their attempts to illegally obtain information from local sheriffs on Missourians who have concealed carry permits. Missouri law specifically prohibits the sharing of information on concealed carry permit holders to any entity - local, state, federal, or otherwise.
    "The FBI has absolutely no business poking around in the private information of those who have obtained a concealed carry permit in Missouri," said Attorney General Schmitt. "The Second Amendment rights of Missourians will absolutely not be infringed on my watch. I will use the full power of my Office to stop the FBI, which has become relentlessly politicized and has virtually no credibility, from illegally prying around in the personal information of Missouri gun owners."

The Missouri Attorney General's Office became aware that the FBI is planning to travel to Missouri in August to do "audits" at sheriff departments across the state, which would include harvesting information on those who have legally obtained a concealed carry permit. The letter states, "It has come to my attention that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has informed several Missouri county sheriffs that they will be showing up in August to 'audit' CCW permit holder records. The FBI states that, 'The audit includes an onsite review of your Concealed Carry Weapons Permits' Let me be perfectly clear. Allowing federal agents from the FBI to have access to records of Missourians who have a permit to carry a concealed weapon violates Missouri law and infringes on our Second Amendment rights."

Missouri law states, "Information retained in the concealed carry permit system under this subsection shall not be distributed to any federal, state, or private entities . . . ." § 571.101.9(2), RSMo.

At the end of the letter, Attorney General Schmitt promises to use the full power of his Office to stop the FBI*s attempts to obtain information on Missouri concealed carry weapons permit holders.

The full letter can be found here: https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-sour...vrsn=5fbbdf7_2

Missouri Attorney General News Release Links:

Missouri Attorney General Condemns FBI*s Illegal Attempts to Harvest Concealed Carry Permit Information from Missouri Sheriffs
    https://ago.mo.gov/home/news/2022/07...souri-sheriffs

Missouri Attorney General Letter to FBI Director
    https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-sour...vrsn=5fbbdf7_2

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Missouri AG Condemns FBI’s Illegal Attempts to Harvest Concealed Carry Permit Inf

At the end of the letter, Attorney General Schmitt promises to use the full power of his Office to stop the FBI*s attempts to obtain information on Missouri concealed carry weapons permit holders.
    What's he going to do?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Missouri AG Condemns FBI’s Illegal Attempts to Harvest Concealed Carry Permit Inf

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What's he going to do?
    Nothing.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Nothing.
    Nothing? My friend, he has already issued a strongly worded letter!

(Delaware County)

He*s telling Sheriffs Depts. to tell FBI to go F*CK themselves!

The FBI has become a shameful organization. It*s nothing more than a battering ram for the DEMONcrat party of slavery. I don*t recognize them as a credible LE Agency.
    Last edited by DavidH; July 16th, 2022 at 10:13 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    He*s telling Sheriffs Depts. to tell FBI to go F*CK themselves!

The FBI has become a shameful organization. It*s nothing more than a battering ram for the DEMONcrat party of slavery. I don*t recognize them as a credible LE Agency.

So what's he gonna do?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    So what's he gonna do?
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

Haha, what I was thinking..

Although, each sheriff's office standing outside with rifles would make a good point.

(Delaware County)

What legitimate and lawful purpose would the FBI have to audit CCW records?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    What legitimate and lawful purpose would the FBI have to audit CCW records?
    None.

Not their department.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast