Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Default Re: Democrats Moving on ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban..targets at Least 45 Specific AR-15 Rif

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    It pains me greatly to type this, but I am confident there are enough RINOs in the Senate to push this one through.

The Ruling Class is sufficiently united.
    Noah
    I don't think they have enough, they might flip a couple. When it was at the house they only had 2 republicans flip and 5 democrats voted no. Pretty sure Joe Manchin is on record saying no to the AR15 ban so that would mean they'd need at least 11 republicans to flip if he votes no.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Democrats Moving on ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban..targets at Least 45 Specific AR-15 Rif

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    how long after it passes and is signed would it take effect?
    I recall the part of the so called firearms owners protection act that banned the issuing of tax stamps for machine guns took place once Reagan signed it into law. The rest of the stuff came into effect about 6 months after.

However if this law should pass even with a year or more before it goes into effect, there will not be a semi auto or a over ten round magazine to be had. AT least not at non outrageous prices. Expect to pay $3K or more for someone's homemade or beat up AR 15. As far as over 10 round magazines they cannot be transferred. So if you are buying them up in hopes of selling them after a ban for a profit, more than likely you will be caught via police sting or informant.

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    I don't think they have enough, they might flip a couple. When it was at the house they only had 2 republicans flip and 5 democrats voted no. Pretty sure Joe Manchin is on record saying no to the AR15 ban so that would mean they'd need at least 11 republicans to flip if he votes no.
    Too many Republicans and Manchin have shown that they can not be trusted. Almost 1/3 of Senate republicans voted for the last bill. Who knows what deals will be offered for a yes vote on this.

Here are the ones who voted for the last gun control bill. Can we really trust any of them? They may wind up voting no, but that seed of doubt is there now..

Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Senate minority leader
    Roy Blunt of Missouri
    Richard Burr of North Carolina
    Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
    Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
    Susan Collins of Maine
    John Cornyn of Texas
    Joni Ernst of Iowa
    Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
    Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
    Rob Portman of Ohio
    Mitt Romney of Utah
    Thom Tillis of North Carolina
    Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
    Todd Young of Indiana

(Philadelphia County)

When does the Senate vote on the ban?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

[QUOTE=widgetman101;4659645]I don't think they have enough, they might flip a couple. When it was at the house they only had 2 republicans flip and 5 democrats voted no. Pretty sure Joe Manchin is on record saying no to the AR15 ban so that would mean they'd need at least 11 republicans to flip if he votes no

Question...
    Is it after the committee level when the filibuster comes into play?

(Bradford County)

The last bill was a big bullshit nothingburger; sure it was crappy and stupid, and take a few more chips at our rights, but by and large it was almost immediately forgotten. This dumb ass 'assault' bill is an entirely different can of worms. I do not think it will make it through the Senate. They're not that suicidal, and it WILL be political suicide for any R up for reelection that votes for it. Toomey might just because he's a giant piece of shit.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I recall the part of the so called firearms owners protection act that banned the issuing of tax stamps for machine guns took place once Reagan signed it into law. The rest of the stuff came into effect about 6 months after.

However if this law should pass even with a year or more before it goes into effect, there will not be a semi auto or a over ten round magazine to be had. AT least not at non outrageous prices. Expect to pay $3K or more for someone's homemade or beat up AR 15. As far as over 10 round magazines they cannot be transferred. So if you are buying them up in hopes of selling them after a ban for a profit, more than likely you will be caught via police sting or informant.
    it would just be for my own collection if needed. ive been going through my parts to see what i have and what i might want to buy in a hurry if needed. ive given up on the hop of barrett m82a1
    Last edited by akley88; August 10th, 2022 at 07:29 PM.

(York County)

Please append to the Death Pool thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Here are the ones who voted for the last gun control bill.

Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Senate minority leader
    Roy Blunt of Missouri
    Richard Burr of North Carolina
    Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
    Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
    Susan Collins of Maine
    John Cornyn of Texas
    Joni Ernst of Iowa
    Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
    Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
    Rob Portman of Ohio
    Mitt Romney of Utah
    Thom Tillis of North Carolina
    Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
    Todd Young of Indiana

(Delaware County)

The anti gun politicians are what they are. .The firearm owners in this country who voted for Democrat politicians is the real problem.

Apparently the house and senate members who have voted and will vote for the semi auto ban believe that the collective gun owners will not backlash enough to remove many of the anti lawmakers from office. Otherwise the house would not have passed such law and the senate would not call for a vote, especially in an election year.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    The last bill was a big bullshit nothingburger; sure it was crappy and stupid, and take a few more chips at our rights, but by and large it was almost immediately forgotten. This dumb ass 'assault' bill is an entirely different can of worms. I do not think it will make it through the Senate. They're not that suicidal, and it WILL be political suicide for any R up for reelection that votes for it. Toomey might just because he's a giant piece of shit.
    Problem with that is, most of them are out of office this year anyhow and could give a flying dogshit less what happens…iirc its 10/16 that voted for it leaving. So theres your 60 votes to pass the NEW AWB.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast