Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Default Re: Democrats Moving on ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban..targets at Least 45 Specific AR-15 Rif

Quote Originally Posted by flygrimm View Post
    Looks like the Democrats are up to something. Just got this from The Firearms Policy Coalition.

Stuart
    At this point, wake me up when it passes the house and moves on to a senate vote. Then i’ll be concerned.

I wont comply and they wont take my property either way, so…kind of moot

We really should be pressuring our state legislators to enact 2A santuary laws like Kansas and the myriad of other states that already have them…otherwise, mass exodus to those states if/when this passes is an option…

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Democrats Moving on ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban..targets at Least 45 Specific AR-15 Rif

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    At this point, wake me up when it passes the house and moves on to a senate vote. Then i’ll be concerned.

I wont comply and they wont take my property either way, so…kind of moot

We really should be pressuring our state legislators to enact 2A santuary laws like Kansas and the myriad of other states that already have them…otherwise, mass exodus to those states if/when this passes is an option…
    I'm getting to this point as well. I can't help but relate the experience to that scene in "The Terminator" where Reese is trying to convey the situation to Sarah Conner.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm getting to this point as well. I can't help but relate the experience to that scene in "The Terminator" where Reese is trying to convey the situation to Sarah Conner.

My motto these days…whats the worst they can do, kill me? What do i care then, i’m pushing up daisies…if its my time to go, its my time to go. We all gotta go sometime…

Yep, and they are moving forward with H.R.2814 (the PLCAA repeal) too. Hardly anyone is talking about that, but it seems WAY more likely to pass and could bankrupt the gun industry with frivolous lawsuits.

We don't allow people to sue Ford or GM for the actions of drunk drivers. PLCAA ensures that Glock and Federal or the mom and pop FFL can't be sued if some gangbanger decides to commit a crime using their guns and ammo.
    PLCAA helps ensure that frivolous lawsuits like these get tossed early so it doesn't bankrupt the companies.

No gun or ammo companies -> No guns or ammo.

Contact your congress creature again ASAP and make your voice heard!

US Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
    I am not a lawyer.

(Delaware County)

Apparently the democrats in "purple" congressional districts, of which there are a number, have no fear of losing their seats as a result of helping pass these bills in question.

Apparently the collective gun owners are no longer looked upon as a threat for turning political tides.

If 10 republican senators have the same disdain for gun owners as the House, especially just before an election where careers could be ended, the house ideas on gun control could be reality.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Apparently the democrats in "purple" congressional districts, of which there are a number, have no fear of losing their seats as a result of helping pass these bills in question.

Apparently the collective gun owners are no longer looked upon as a threat for turning political tides.

If 10 republican senators have the same disdain for gun owners as the House, especially just before an election where careers could be ended, the house ideas on gun control could be reality.
    9. Toomey might as well have already cast his YEA vote.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Yep, and they are moving forward with H.R.2814 (the PLCAA repeal) too. Hardly anyone is talking about that, but it seems WAY more likely to pass and could bankrupt the gun industry with frivolous lawsuits.

We don't allow people to sue Ford or GM for the actions of drunk drivers. PLCAA ensures that Glock and Federal or the mom and pop FFL can't be sued if some gangbanger decides to commit a crime using their guns and ammo.
    PLCAA helps ensure that frivolous lawsuits like these get tossed early so it doesn't bankrupt the companies.

No gun or ammo companies -> No guns or ammo.

Contact your congress creature again ASAP and make your voice heard!

US Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
    Of course my traitor congressman is cosponsoring this bullshit.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post

I wont comply and they wont take my property either way, so*kind of moot
    How can an outright ban be moot? Moot means no practical consequences.....You can't think of any consequences of a total ban(if it stands) that would affect you afterward?

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    9. Toomey might as well have already cast his YEA vote.
    I am not a fan of Toomey, I am glad he is going to be gone unless we get Fetterman in which case I will want Toomey back. But I think the last bill that he voted yes for was his line unless a bill comes along that has universal background checks. He has voted no for more extreme bills in the past.

Doesn*t mean his line hasn*t moved, just means his history shows he would vote no for the current bill in the house.

(Allegheny County)

Votes are being tallied right now to suspend the rules to force a floor vote of 1808.
    F*#K THE ATF

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast