Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Bench rifle rebuild. *Almost there.

I*m about there. I Cerakoted the barreled Action parts awhile ago. On a side note, I should have started doing Cerakote myself a long time ago; Hindsight being 20/20 & all. But I*m glad I started now! Here are those parts in Armor Black. And the Mirage URL Chassis, which I*m going to Cerakote Tactical Gray.

Also the Bolt assembly. Cerakote came out perfect on it. Wearing its new Titanium handle & the Titanium Bolt Knob I machined.

The Bolt Knob started as a solid 22mm piece of 6AL4V Ti. And then finished machined. I really like how it came out.

This was how it was before the rebuild. Only parts remaining are the Barrel, Action & ADM Scope Mount. Everything else is different. It will also be sporting the Precision Benchrest Bipod I*m making. 2024 Billet, Titanium & Carbon Fiber*. It*s going to be something. Can*t wait.

OLD BENCH RIFLE

Forgot one thing: I also machined a whole new Firing Pin assembly the FP is S7 Tool steel, I turned a new cross pin of Titanium & found a source for 20lb Crome-Silicon, Flat Wire FP springs. I dipped the FP in Ferric Chloride in the assembled piece. (Factory FP over top in first two pics)

As a result of the extra weight, increased fall & fit perfect to the pin hole in the PTG Bolt Head, I get reliable primer ignition with only about .031* This picture shows how little FP protrusion I*m using.
    Last edited by DavidH; July 16th, 2022 at 08:31 PM.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA