Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Finally chose. USO TS-20

I spent months deciding on anew scope. Before this, I was using an Athlon Midas BTR, which I did like. But, I*ve really gone above & beyond with this new rifle RE-build.. complete customization, lots of Titanium parts, a really high end Mirage URL Chassis. I even started doing my own Cerakote; built my own curing oven & all! Cerakoted the Barreled Action in Armor Black & doing the Chassis in Tactical Gray. Anyway, this is my dream build. So I wanted to top it with a decent scope. Problem is*., while I*ll spend money on certain things, (The Mirage URL Chassis, for instance), no way will I EVER spend $3,000 on a SCOPE! Just won*t do it. I won*t even spend $2K! For my shooting, one of those ultra top tier scopes won*t improve my groups one bit. Just a fact. But I was willing to drop around $1,000 or so. I finally had two choices in mind: the Athlon Cronus & US Optics TS-20 now. The TS-20 won because number one, I liked its features better. It*s a 2.5-20x50 where as the Cronus is 4.5-29x56. I like 50mm objectives. They both are 34mm Tube, which I wanted. And the TS-20 uses the GENIIX reticle, which I like better. Also, the fact the Cronus was $1500 and while the USO TS-20 lists for like $1420, I didn*t pay anywhere near that. I actually found it for well UNDER $1K. SOLD!

It*s nice. The build quality far exceeds my Athlon(which was itself a $600 scope.) The Turrets have LOUD audible & very tactile *clicks. The USO uses ED glass, and is very clear. This is one of those things for me. Glass! I have pretty bad vision. My left eye is 100% blind, & my one eye, the right is heavily corrected with Astigmatism. So I can*t really tell much difference from the Chinese HD glass in my Athlon, compared to the Schott Glass in a $6000 Hensoldt! And it*s the Glass where the big dollars come in. Another reason I chose the US Optics TS-20. In the end I*m happy with it. Clear glass, a very large eye box & plenty of power to get me out past 1000yds.

Also, as a matter of 2nd concern, it*s a very attractive piece of hardware. I*m using my same ADM Recon-S mount, just grabbed the 34mm ring kit for it. Nice cost saving over buying new 34mm rings or mount.

And here it is next to my Athlon Midas. Even in the picture, it*s obvious how much nicer the USO is. It*s just made to a higher specification. It*s also a bit shorter which I like.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Finally chose. USO TS-20

I’m curious what your take is on this after some use. Us optics has seemed to drop several fairly cheap models in their line and I’m curious how they actually do. Sad when we’re talking about 1500 being cheap glass

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Finally chose. USO TS-20

LOL! Yeah.. Well, there are enough reviews out that it*s performance is good. Like I said, the quality is far above the Athlon I have. It*s a much nicer finish, the parts are higher precision & it just feels *nicer* in hand. I know my way around products in firearms well. I*m my own Gunsmith & been building Rifles & Pistols for close to two decades. (NO, not just assembling ARs) I*m also a custom Knifemaker, have a metallurgist background & hobbyist machinist as well, so I can tell quality of materials. Scopes aren*t foreign to me, but I do consult others on Glass from time to time. An acquaintance who I consider an authority had use of this & the Athlon Cronus. So obviously the Cronus IS better Glass. It*s made in Japan while the USO is made in China. He told me the same, that the Cronus was better.. but not THAT much. Not $500+ better. The USO TS-20 lists for $1420. I wouldn*t pay that. But I didn*t. I paid well UNDER $1K, which I had set as my line in the sand.

Bottom line, in a perfect world, I*d have the IOR Valdada Recon Tactical. But I would never spend upwards of $3,000 on glass! I just won*t do. People are hitting targets at a mile with $500 scopes today! The TS-20 is plenty for my needs. It*s well built, performs well with perfect tracking & is tough.. not delicate. Although that doesn*t matter for me because I baby my firearms, LOL. Point is, there is always a *better* scope. But I really do believe in diminishing returns at some point. Especially for someone like me with disabilities. Just need to make a list of criteria you want in a scope, and set your ceiling price on it.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA