Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Question Concerning Keeping Bill of Sales/Receipts...

Quote Originally Posted by iUxTc View Post
    Happend to me last year. There was a shooting in Pittsburgh with a gun I sold to a dealer a couple years before, and local detective came to my house and told me a firearm in my name was recovered. During the pandemic the PSP was so backlogged with the handgun registration that is was still registered to me. I showed them the receipt of when I sold it and they left without incident. I probably trigger multiple handgun sale reports a couple time a year and trade alot, so I always keep all my records.
    They were 12-18 months behind before the pandemic, whoo knows how many years behind they are now

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    They were 12-18 months behind before the pandemic, whoo knows how many years behind they are now
    Even more scary I think they are cutting staff and under funding PICS causing massive headaches and turnover. If they don't have enough operators I can see instant checks getting bad. Imagine NFA style checks and wait times, because in a few years congress will get rid of the 3 day wait period for a 6-12 month research period. If the cant ban the guns, they will sabotage the instant check system. Once you get that golden proceed number get as much as you can before you leave the store under that approval number!

. Once you get that golden proceed number get as much as you can before you leave the store under that approval number![/QUOTE]

You do that and it can trigger a multiple sales form and could end up getting a visit....

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by iUxTc View Post
    Even more scary I think they are cutting staff and under funding PICS causing massive headaches and turnover. If they don't have enough operators I can see instant checks getting bad. Imagine NFA style checks and wait times, because in a few years congress will get rid of the 3 day wait period for a 6-12 month research period. If the cant ban the guns, they will sabotage the instant check system. Once you get that golden proceed number get as much as you can before you leave the store under that approval number!
    Now, imagine if they were using a PICS budgetary excesses (in the millions) to fund OT for PA DOJ officers to perform warrantless, gun-grabbing, attempted 'home-invasions' instead of hiring more operators to do the work?

That sounds like some Fudd lore. I think a person would have to do a lot more than legally purchase and sell a lot of guns to get a visit from them. Now suppose you sell a gun that eventually ends up being used in a crime that would probably warrant a visit but if you sold it to an FFL I doubt they would search beyond the FFL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234