Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Unconstitutional NFA told to kick rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You are not being paranoid, whatever is written here, is being watched and/or reported by people who don't particularly like us. Even the "private" forums, since it's so easy to become a member here. Expect the Feds and PSP and local cops and the VPC and the Inquirer to have "members" here for the sole purpose of finding incriminating posts and then publishing them out of context, as "representative" of who were are and what we do.

Every person who brags that he'll sell a used rifle to anyone, no questions asked, is paving the way for "universal background checks", and that's a hostile act to gun owners, because "universal background checks" is a Trojan horse for "universal registration", which is the last piece any fascist needs before banning all civilian guns, and making it stick.
    Yeah I had a weird offer to sell me a pistol on the classifieds, wanted to get my phone number to have a "better conversation". The phone is registered to me and I had not intention of doing anything wrong, so after a short conversation I learned they were in Texas and wanted to mail it here. My guess is the phone number is used to create evidence outside of the forum communication. I said in my post local face to face only, so im not sure who or why wanted to sell me something from Texas. Long story short i declined and they were banned from the forum. WHY was someone from Texas on a Pennsylvania forum classifieds?

(Allegheny County)

I saw a kid at the Gamelands range, many years ago but post-1986, with a .22 that obviously had been unlawfully converted to full-auto. By "obviously" I mean that the totality of the circumstances led me to believe this was an unregistered homebrew.

I spoke to him about it, he immediately stated his belief that it was OK because "I got it this way". His call, I'm not obligated to dime him out, but at least now he's heard the law, and it's his choice to believe me or not, and obey the law or not, but he KNOWS there may be a landmine in his behavior now. He won't get yanked into the system unawares.

So those of us who understand the NFA and gun laws in general, have 2 choices when we see people whose behavior could get them cuffed and stuffed and ruined: either ignore them, or advise them of the laws.

I choose to advise them of the laws. Other folks may prefer to see their fellow citizens ruined in the name of "liberty" or whatever other motto they carved into their arms with prison ink, but I'm very well aware that many people are in fact unaware of the laws, or the consequences of breaking them. I started teaching my gun law workshops because I found that out after handling a couple of the NRA classes (the part that has to be taught by a cop or a lawyer). Too many middle aged guys who "knew" so much that wasn't true, like "you don't need a license to transport a handgun in a car as long as it's unloaded".

Many, many people are arrested because of a law that they heard of the first time while being arrested. I think that's a bad thing, and to a limited extent, I try to stop that within my little corner of the world.
    IGNORE and LEAVE THE AREA!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by iUxTc View Post
    Yeah I had a weird offer to sell me a pistol on the classifieds, wanted to get my phone number to have a "better conversation". The phone is registered to me and I had not intention of doing anything wrong, so after a short conversation I learned they were in Texas and wanted to mail it here. My guess is the phone number is used to create evidence outside of the forum communication. I said in my post local face to face only, so im not sure who or why wanted to sell me something from Texas. Long story short i declined and they were banned from the forum. WHY was someone from Texas on a Pennsylvania forum classifieds?
    I can smell a scam from a mile away and IMO, that was a scammer. You send him the money before he sends you the gun. I can't believe so many people just can't see that from a mile away.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I can smell a scam from a mile away and IMO, that was a scammer. You send him the money before he sends you the gun. I can't believe so many people just can't see that from a mile away.
    True; and who would you complain to when the scam manifested itself? You're going to call the cops and complain that your federally-illegal plan to import a handgun across state lines without any FFL involved, fell through?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Was hoping someone coughs that. LOL!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by iUxTc View Post
    IGNORE and LEAVE THE AREA!
    Interesting. You're willing to call the police because someone has a device that can deauth AP's, but you want to ignore the activity in GL's post.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

I'm sure not going to save the anti's any work by pointing out the threads, but I recall variations of that, here and elsewhere.

I have reason to believe it's a minority opinion, but using an AR-15 to shoot up innocent people is less than .0000001% of AR-15 owners, and look what the insane Left is doing with that.

Seriously, nobody even knows how many AR clones are out there, probably 50 million of them by now, too many to list in your average novel of 90,000 words (figure 45,000 names per novel). and the abusers can be listed on a single sheet of paper. Any particular AR-15 has roughly zero chance of being used to kill anyone; now compare that to a random car. Fewer than 300 million cars are owned; probably twice that many guns. 40,000 car deaths per year, 15,000 gun murders per year, maybe 40,000 including suicides, but car deaths are mostly accidents, while suicides are intentional and don't require the projection of force at a distance, or stealth, so banning guns won't stop a single suicide but banning cars would stop 100% of car crashes. Banning both would stop drive-by shootings, but replace them with Molotov cocktail bombings.
    Good points. But the gun related “murders” are even less than that. There are, on the HIGH end, maybe 4K-6K ACTUAL gun related murders of innocent people. Once suicides are removed(the overwhelming number of deaths involving a gun, yet STILL only about 5% of suicides in the country), the vast majority of killings are gang/drug related. Felons! Look… one murderer-criminal wants to shoot another murderer-criminal, go mashugana. Won’t see me lighting a vigil candle, as the Baby-Mama on the news describing her son, “He was a GOOD BOY! Ma BABY done never hurt NOBODY! He was a GOOD BOY!” As they use a old picture of the 20yo gang member, From when he was in Jr. Highschool!

Still a lot, yes. But even the high estimate of 6,000 murders is not even CLOSE to the numbers they lie about.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567