Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question Ruger 10/45 lite

I have a red dot on it presently, but it's making me crazy. I have to hunt all over just to find it. My question is, is there something I can put on it that has crosshairs without it being a long rifle type scope ? I admit I am not knowledgeable in the optics department. Thanks Joe

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger 10/45 lite

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    I have a red dot on it presently, but it's making me crazy. I have to hunt all over just to find it. My question is, is there something I can put on it that has crosshairs without it being a long rifle type scope ? I admit I am not knowledgeable in the optics department. Thanks Joe
    Which red dot do you have in it and is it your first red dot?

-Zach

(Carbon County)

The primary arms red dot completely fixed this issue for me, I highly recommend it:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

It's a much better dot them anything else out there for quickly finding the dot.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    The primary arms red dot completely fixed this issue for me, I highly recommend it:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

It's a much better dot them anything else out there for quickly finding the dot.
    I have the acss reticle on a Holosun (on a 10/22) and I'm not a fan. I like the circle and dot better from Holosun.

I'd like the ACSS on a FFP scope. But with no magnification, it just kind of runs together.

-Zach

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I have the acss reticle on a Holosun (on a 10/22) and I'm not a fan. I like the circle and dot better from Holosun.

I'd like the ACSS on a FFP scope. But with no magnification, it just kind of runs together.

-Zach
    Did you look at this reticle? It is a very large circle and a Chevron, no bullet drop. The large circle is not visible when the Chevron is, it's sole purpose is to help you find the dot when using the optic on a pistol. It solves the OPs problem - I had similar issues until I used the primary arms dot, now finding it is easy and very fast.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    Did you look at this reticle? It is a very large circle and a Chevron, no bullet drop. The large circle is not visible when the Chevron is, it's sole purpose is to help you find the dot when using the optic on a pistol. It solves the OPs problem - I had similar issues until I used the primary arms dot, now finding it is easy and very fast.
    Oh. My mistake. I have the same reticle... Only it has the bullet drop. Yes. That would be MUCH better than the one i have.

-Zach