over 20 years ago i was 302d because someone else called for a welfare check. ( this is a whole dif story ) The officer that showed up came into my house woke me up as i was sleeping on the couch. talked for a little bit told him i was fine just wanted to go back to sleep as i was to get my son in few hours. he forced me to go to hospital by saying he could call for back up and be in my best interest to comply so i did. Never spoke to mental health lady (who was an inturn) they kept asking for my insurance said i didnt have any . They said they had no open beds at any facility after being held for more than 4 hours they contacted my employer and got insurance info. Within 20 min of getting the info a bed opened at one of the places they already contacted. So i ended up there over the weekend for evaluation. At end of eval i was released to a house where (according to release papers) i lived alone with large gun collection and was no threat to myself or society. I went to purchase first gun for my son 4 years later and was denied. Ive been wanting to get this off my record for long time but no one can tell me how to do it. Never been in trouble except for minor teenage type stuff (traffic underage drinking) never even traffic ticket since. i have a number of friends in law enforcement who have tried to help even gave me the law book pages say a evaluation does not disqualify you unless treating dr. deems you need committed for further treatment. Witch i never was but seems to the pics system people a eval and commitment are same thing so get denied for purchases or when applying for permit. Any info or advice with this would be appreciated.... thank you...