Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: i have a question not sure if this is right place to ask tho...

Philip G. Kline Jr., Esq.
    519 Juniper Street
    Quakertown, PA 18951

Prince Law Offices
    888-313-0416

Both of these firms are highly respected here, and have representatives who post here. You will likely need to first spend some time and money having the situation clarified (they will likely tell you what you need to find out), and then they can better assess the time and cost involved with potentially resolving the matter.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jar Shea View Post
    over 20 years ago i was 302d because someone else called for a welfare check. ( this is a whole dif story ) The officer that showed up came into my house woke me up as i was sleeping on the couch. talked for a little bit told him i was fine just wanted to go back to sleep as i was to get my son in few hours. he forced me to go to hospital by saying he could call for back up and be in my best interest to comply so i did. Never spoke to mental health lady (who was an inturn) they kept asking for my insurance said i didnt have any . They said they had no open beds at any facility after being held for more than 4 hours they contacted my employer and got insurance info. Within 20 min of getting the info a bed opened at one of the places they already contacted. So i ended up there over the weekend for evaluation. At end of eval i was released to a house where (according to release papers) i lived alone with large gun collection and was no threat to myself or society. I went to purchase first gun for my son 4 years later and was denied. Ive been wanting to get this off my record for long time but no one can tell me how to do it. Never been in trouble except for minor teenage type stuff (traffic underage drinking) never even traffic ticket since. i have a number of friends in law enforcement who have tried to help even gave me the law book pages say a evaluation does not disqualify you unless treating dr. deems you need committed for further treatment. Witch i never was but seems to the pics system people a eval and commitment are same thing so get denied for purchases or when applying for permit. Any info or advice with this would be appreciated.... thank you...
    Curious about this?

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Curious about this?
    That was my question in post #5. No way would an employer give out insurance information other than to the employee. Another issue is he said it was a "welfare check". That means the police are only checking if the person is alive and not in danger. How did the cop make a determination that he needed to go to the hospital for a mental health hold? The police would have went to his home with a county mental health worker if their suspicion or a complaint that this man needed mental help and the mental health worker would have decided if he needs to go to the hospital. It could mean that the police already had a mental health warrant on him however that means someone alleged that he was in need of mental help. In other words it was not a welfare check . If someone had a mental health warrant the mental health case worker is not going to be worried about insurance. He or she's first job is to determine if the person is in need of mental health where they can be held for up to 120 hours. What ever happened to the kid he was suppose to pick up? If he said he was held for the weekend someone reported him or he said something to the cop that triggered this event Somethings are not right here.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    That was my question in post #5. No way would an employer give out insurance information other than to the employee. Another issue is he said it was a "welfare check". That means the police are only checking if the person is alive and not in danger. How did the cop make a determination that he needed to go to the hospital for a mental health hold? The police would have went to his home with a county mental health worker if their suspicion or a complaint that this man needed mental help and the mental health worker would have decided if he needs to go to the hospital. It could mean that the police already had a mental health warrant on him however that means someone alleged that he was in need of mental help. In other words it was not a welfare check . If someone had a mental health warrant the mental health case worker is not going to be worried about insurance. He or she's first job is to determine if the person is in need of mental health where they can be held for up to 120 hours. What ever happened to the kid he was suppose to pick up? If he said he was held for the weekend someone reported him or he said something to the cop that triggered this event Somethings are not right here.
    Thanks for the additional perspective.

Your situation notwithstanding, it's not uncommon for LE to conduct a welfare check for an individual who threatened self-harm.

(Jefferson County)

The best way to handle this is to get a lawyer. ...because more than likely, you're going to need one to file a challenge/reversal in court.

You will also need to know which hospital and about when it happened so that you can get a copy of what the hospital ordered.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

This isn*t real. Too many inconsistencies. How did the cop get into your house? He broke in? Your employee would NOT give that info out. And yeah, what happened to the kid you were *supposed* to pick up?
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Depends on if this was an involuntary 302 or a voluntary.

There is a huge difference between the two.
    Yes a check check mark on the form.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    This isn*t real. Too many inconsistencies. How did the cop get into your house? He broke in? Your employee would NOT give that info out. And yeah, what happened to the kid you were *supposed* to pick up?
    He walked home
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12