Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why is it always training?

Every time some idiot shoots up a place, one of the "fixes" is always "require gun training".

I could understand if people were accidently "mass shooting" a school, church, etc... But what bearing does it have on these circumstances? What would requiring training do to stop these events? Nothing that I know of. In fact, Could you imagine how much worse some events could be if people were highly skilled who are doing these shootings?

It doesn't make sense that they throw that stipulation in all the time.

I must be missing something in this. I'm not a stupid person but I must not be understanding

Please, I would truly like to see what I am misunderstanding
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Why is it always training?

I honestly don't think that anti-gun people know any stats related to gun deaths. I assume they see the roughly 34k deaths per year and think 33k are mass shootings and the rest are a mix of accidental shootings and white males/cops killing blacks. I've told people that approximately 2/3 are suicides and they don't believe me.

(Montgomery County)

The ultimate goal is to have less civilians armed. Mandatory training is a deterrent (time, money, hassle) to gun ownership. That's their goal plain and simple.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The ultimate goal is to have less civilians armed. Mandatory training is a deterrent (time, money, hassle) to gun ownership. That's their goal plain and simple.
    Yep, put up some roadblocks that will cause some people to say "Not worth it".
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Erie County)

It seems to me that the shooter has plenty of training. Perhaps the anti gunners should focus on the mental health side of things before they start projecting their ignorance on the rest of the sane world.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

Its just another way to dumb people down for more restrictions.
    You dont train to NOT shoot up a place, you train TO.
    FJB

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

With most mass shootings, I wonder why the death counts are so low. A well-trained shooter in a school full of unarmed women and children could kill way more than than these sick mass killers. And often they're stopped when their gun jams. Thank goodness these evil people aren't trained.

Because training is not a bad thing and strike most people as a reasonable thing to do if you own a gun. When gun control comes up it seems like a reasonable thing to add to a bill.

To be clear I do not think it should be mandated by the government, that is an infringement. I am not in favor of training laws. But that does not mean training is a bad thing. I know people who own guns and have never shot their gun and know next to nothing about it or how to use it. I*ve offered to take them to the range, but they don*t take the offer.

I think they are idiots for not taking the time to train and learn how to use a tool that could save their life someday, or screw them over because they don*t have any training on firearms. In the end it is their life, their choice however.

(Montgomery County)

In my opinion mandatory training is basically irrelevant for how good / safe a shooter is. The only thing that matters is their own will to want to be good and safe.

I'm completely self taught, no formal training. I've put a lot of a lot of time and ammo in on my own accord. If I didn't give a shit, sitting through a mandatory course that I barely paid attention in wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I honestly don't think that anti-gun people know any stats related to gun deaths. I assume they see the roughly 34k deaths per year and think 33k are mass shootings and the rest are a mix of accidental shootings and white males/cops killing blacks. I've told people that approximately 2/3 are suicides and they don't believe me.
    Gun grabbers are not the least bit interested in letting facts getting in the way of their opinions. It's just mind-boggling to see the things they say as though they are outright fact.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast