Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: Maryland license to carry

Quote Originally Posted by gtac View Post
    I sent my application in in mid September and was approved 63 days later. My card arrived in the mail 4 days after that.

Training cost me "only" $150, plus time and gas money. Application fee was $75 I think, and I believe I got my fingerprints done for $60. So my expenses were at the low end.

Next step is to get my LTCF. What's that, $25?

We are expecting some fairly serious attempts at infringement when the Legislature meets in January. They are going to attempt some absurd New York style "sensitive places" extensions, the exact thing Justice Thomas warned was unacceptable.
    It's supposed to be $19.

But the right is also supposed to "not be questioned".
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    It's supposed to be $19.
    Statute mandates $20.

(h) Fee.--

(1) In addition to fees described in paragraphs (2)(ii) and (3), the fee for a license to carry a firearm is $19. This includes all of the following:

(i) A renewal notice processing fee of $1.50.

(ii) An administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the act of July 6, 1984 (P.L.614, No.127), known as the Sheriff Fee Act.

(2) (Expired).

(3) An additional fee of $1 shall be paid by the applicant for a license to carry a firearm and shall be remitted by the sheriff to the Firearms License Validation System Account, which is hereby established as a special restricted receipt account within the General Fund of the State Treasury. The account shall be used for purposes under subsection (l). Moneys credited to the account and any investment income accrued are hereby appropriated on a continuing basis to the Pennsylvania State Police.

(4) No fee other than that provided by this subsection or the Sheriff Fee Act may be assessed by the sheriff for the performance of any background check made pursuant to this act.

(5) The fee is payable to the sheriff to whom the application is submitted and is payable at the time of application for the license.

(6) Except for the administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the Sheriff Fee Act, all other fees shall be refunded if the application is denied but shall not be refunded if a license is issued and subsequently revoked.

(7) A person who sells or attempts to sell a license to carry a firearm for a fee in excess of the amounts fixed under this subsection commits a summary offense.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Today I finally finished all qualifications and collected and submitted all documentation, along with my application. Start to finish my costs were $410.75, plus probably $25 in fuel running here and there for the various requirements.

Now I just have to wait 70-90 days.
    Late last evening I received email notice that my application has been approved.

Submitted application on 11/11/2022, approved on 12/31/2022, so 50 days wait. The email said "You will receive written notification of the disposition via the United States Postal Service within 10-14 business days."

That should be the actual license in that mailing, and some are saying it comes just a few days after the email, despite the suggestion that it could be a couple of additional weeks of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Late last evening I received email notice that my application has been approved.

Submitted application on 11/11/2022, approved on 12/31/2022, so 50 days wait. The email said "You will receive written notification of the disposition via the United States Postal Service within 10-14 business days."

That should be the actual license in that mailing, and some are saying it comes just a few days after the email, despite the suggestion that it could be a couple of additional weeks of waiting.
    You can login to the web portal and check the disposition also, typically the snail mail you*ll receive will be the actual permit.

Mine took 10-days to arrive in the mail, but that was 2mos ago during the peak times
    SigGendered

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    You can login to the web portal and check the disposition also
    I've been doing that every other day for the last 2 weeks. It seems the email is instantaneous when the status is finally updated.

Some report a change in status from "Accepted" to "Assigned to Investigator" during the wait, but mine went directly from "Accepted" to "Approved"

(Franklin County)

8 weeks exactly from online submission to card in hand.

(Franklin County)

I'm afraid to apply. I've got a 30 year old arrest and expungement in Maryland for a weapon charge. I don't know how to fill out their form and I don't want to have to tell PA that I've been denied a license.
    When you get the backgrounds and check done in MD, do you or can you have access to the results before actually applying for the license?
    The Hostler

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I'm afraid to apply. I've got a 30 year old arrest and expungement in Maryland for a weapon charge. I don't know how to fill out their form and I don't want to have to tell PA that I've been denied a license.
    When you get the backgrounds and check done in MD, do you or can you have access to the results before actually applying for the license?
    Sent you a PM

(York County)

I just want to confirm that the MD wear and carry can be acquired by Non-residents. I called the range/store in MD that I plan on taking the class but the guy who I talked to didn't seem 100%

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreAce View Post
    I just want to confirm that the MD wear and carry can be acquired by Non-residents. I called the range/store in MD that I plan on taking the class but the guy who I talked to didn't seem 100%
    Yes, MD has no concept of a non resident
    SigGendered

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast