Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Maryland license to carry

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I would suspect this.

Interestingly, I searched for certified MD trainers in PA. There are several and Josh Prince was listed. I'd be curious as to what constitutes a 70% score: ... applicants must shoot a course of at least 25 rounds, from no further than 15 yards and score at least 70% accuracy.

Hit a dime, 6", man size target?

It's still BS though.
    For the record, one means of documenting the training is to be recognized as an instructor by MSP.

MSP recognizes those with appropriate NRA certifications… so it’s possible that some of the “instructors” aren’t frequently teaching, and are using their instructor status to avoid taking the 16 hour class.

(Fayette County)

I would like to apply but being on disability that $75 fee is to much right now.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonsue View Post
    I would like to apply but being on disability that $75 fee is to much right now.
    That's nothing compared to the cost of the required training.

One local shop near me has it structured as 2 different classes required to qualify, totaling a little over $350. I'm waiting to hear back from a different MD recognized trainer who is a fellow member at one of the clubs I belong to, to see if he's officering anything and what he will charge.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    That's nothing compared to the cost of the required training.

One local shop near me has it structured as 2 different classes required to qualify, totaling a little over $350. I'm waiting to hear back from a different MD recognized trainer who is a fellow member at one of the clubs I belong to, to see if he's officering anything and what he will charge.
    It wouldn't be so bad, if you could use that class for say Arizona or Utah as well. It probably would work for Florida the way it is now. You would think people would start to offer a "combo" that would cover requirements for multiple states.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad, if you could use that class for say Arizona or Utah as well. It probably would work for Florida the way it is now. You would think people would start to offer a "combo" that would cover requirements for multiple states.
    Some are. I drove to the Philly area for my UT, and that trainer (a friend of mine) has adapted for multi-state. In his case, he's added NJ, because of his geographical proximity.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Some are. I drove to the Philly area for my UT, and that trainer (a friend of mine) has adapted for multi-state. In his case, he's added NJ, because of his geographical proximity.
    Good to know. If I could get a multi -state cert, I'd drive for that. Especially if you could get it all done in a weekend.

(York County)

I'm a little sketchy on the fingerprinting requirement.

You clearly HAVE to do the fingerprints in Maryland. They won't let you use LiveScan in PA and give those results.

You physically have to go to Maryland and do it at an official place. What I'm not clear on is if you can go to the private locations at the bottom of this list....

https://www.dpscs.state.md.us/public...gerprint.shtml

Or if you have to go to the MVA (DMV) locations.

Also the rules say that the print MUST be for a Wear and Carry permit but the website doesn't list that as an option. It just breaks it down ve FBI, Maryland State, Criminal Justice, etc

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I'm a little sketchy on the fingerprinting requirement.

You clearly HAVE to do the fingerprints in Maryland. They won't let you use LiveScan in PA and give those results.

You physically have to go to Maryland and do it at an official place. What I'm not clear on is if you can go to the private locations at the bottom of this list....

https://www.dpscs.state.md.us/public...gerprint.shtml

Or if you have to go to the MVA (DMV) locations.

Also the rules say that the print MUST be for a Wear and Carry permit but the website doesn't list that as an option. It just breaks it down ve FBI, Maryland State, Criminal Justice, etc

Has anyone figured this out yet?
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...arry-permits#d

You go to any MD livescan on the list and give them the ORI and Reason listed to add to the submission

"
    Wear and Carry: Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for fingerprinting:

Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
    Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
    Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305
    "
    SigGendered

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...arry-permits#d

You go to any MD livescan on the list and give them the ORI and Reason listed to add to the submission

"
    Wear and Carry: Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for fingerprinting:

Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
    Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
    Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305
    "
    So you give all that info at the time of the fingerprinting? Not when signing up for the fingerprinting?

I guess that makes sense.

But you have to make sure you are getting the right kind of fingerprinting done (Federal, State, criminal background, etc) because apparently in Maryland you have different sets of fingerprints for different purposes. Who knew?

(York County)

Unless this process is streamlined and ridiculous requirements like fingerprinting and hundreds of dollars for classes are lifted, I will do like I have been in the 17 years after leaving that God-forsaken state*. Avoid it and in the rare instance I have to go, I go unarmed, but I won*t spend my money there. I won*t buy gas there.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast