Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type 7 FFL

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Type 7 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    In most areas, a FFL 01 is much easier to pass zoning regulations then a "Manufacturing" FFL 07. By getting a FFL 07, you are requesting to have manufacturing business in your home, which many townships forbid in residential neighborhoods.

Also, myself included, many new FFLs started as a FFL 01 to get their feet wet into the business and then change their license over to a FFL 07, or even a FFL 10 like we did.
    Noted thank you!

You should call down your local municipal building and talk to them. I would lead the conversation with you just want to build parts, don't mention guns, see where the conversation goes. Also call the town inspector. I recently applied for my 07, but there's another small timer gunsmith in my area. Only works on very very old stuff though.

Good luck

(Monroe County)

^ this. I talked to mine and were cool till the feds did call to verify, then they got minor cold feet.
    Just had to get a free variance to allot a small section of the house to do it.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12