Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: We Win!!!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: We Win!!!

I guess I am really obtuse. The finding sure seems to make infringement by required license illegal.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Unless perhaps you are a resident of PA and travel into other states like MD, NY or NJ who have been "may issue" states.
    It doesn't automatically grant reciprocity though from what I read. Even in PA, MD residents can't have a handgun in the car unless they are going to/from a range.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Imagine that. The SC overruled NY's gun control laws that have been in effective since about 1911 . And some say the SC is slow on some things. (sarc)
    Those laws have been 'in effect' but are not effective...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    It doesn't automatically grant reciprocity though from what I read. Even in PA, MD residents can't have a handgun in the car unless they are going to/from a range.
    I believe what Ray was referring to was my original post, and how we, as PA residents, need to continue to push for reciprocity in adjoining states, possibly via the 9th amendment...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Now make my carry license have national reciprocity!

Come on, do it...
    What do you mean? You can only plead the 5th in the state you live in if you've been properly licensed.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I don't want the Feds involved in this any more than need be. I am perfectly good with the individual sovereign states handling this from here on out.
    Yes and No..

Now that the "bear arms" clause has been affirmed, the 14th Amendment empowers the Federal Gov to enforce our 2A right to carry against the states/municipalities. The Feds could literally roll out the troops if need be to make sure we can carry, and probably everything to a lessor degree.

For states like HI, CA, IL, MD, NJ, NY, MA, CT, RI, and DC/PR/Guam/USVI/Samoa/Northern Mariana/etc - I'd welcome the Fed's supremacy on shoving "bear arms" down those places' throats.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Other than celebrating the ruling, this has no bearing on residents of PA or any other shall issue state
    Unless we are now able to travel through or carry in those states without getting out, locking everything up, etc.... Also, if PA goes stupid left in any election, this will protect that right to carry and own as well.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Unless we are now able to travel through or carry in those states without getting out, locking everything up, etc.... Also, if PA goes stupid left in any election, this will protect that right to carry and own as well.
    "Stupid Left", well said because it's on the way. These upcoming PA elections will tell the tale...

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    This ruling does absolutely nothing to address state reciprocity, FOPA rules, state differences in what constitutes concealed vs open carry or any range of other issues.

As a PA resident, in NJ, you will absolutely get thrown in jail if caught with a handgun, just like always.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    The clownish, insane Left can punish and attack Trump in every way possible until the end of time, but they can never take away his 3 Supreme Court picks, and that fact is giving them foam at the mouth rage right now.
    Not when that beak-nosed bastard Chuckie incites crackpots to come and kill them so shit-for-brains can nom replacements. Or pack the court if they could.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast