Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Win!!!

(Chester County)

Default We Win!!!

Just reading the decision on NYSRPA V Bruen. It sounds to a non-technischen like myself that the SC ruled citizens have a RIGHT to carry outside of the home! Any lawyers available to provide the english translation and implications?

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-c...f8761ffa84e3e8

(Bucks County)

Default Re: We Win!!!

Can I carry in NJ? Oh man---that would be amazing if that happened. Then I wouldn't resist as much coming to this BS state. Also, I wonder how it affects transport through a state as well.

Update---a note from Free Republic commentary:

The way I read the ruling, it sounds like it goes much farther than just the New York rule. It says individuals have a constitutional right to self defense with a gun outside the home. That would seem to me to strike down pretty much every restriction or licensing scheme for concealed carry nationwide.

From the ruling page 3:

"(1) It is undisputed that petitioners Koch and Nash*two ordinary, law-abiding, adult citizens*are part of *the people* whom the
    Second Amendment protects. See Heller, 554 U. S., at 580. And no
    party disputes that handguns are weapons *in common use* today for
    self-defense. See id., at 627. The Court has little difficulty concluding
    also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch*s and
    Nash*s proposed course of conduct*carrying handguns publicly for
    self-defense. Nothing in the Second Amendment*s text draws a
    home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear
    arms, and the definition of *bear* naturally encompasses public carry.
    Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an *individual right to
    possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,* id., at 592, and
    confrontation can surely take place outside the home. Pp. 23*27

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...0-843_7j80.pdf
    Last edited by mikelets456; June 23rd, 2022 at 11:18 AM.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

PickingPA Guest

Effectively rules that states with restrictive MAY ISSUE laws violate a personal right to self defense outside the home, specifically NY, but will apply to others.

Roberts sided with the majority, for once. Thomas wrote the opinion, suggesting that restrictions to the 2A require the amendment process

[QUOTE=PickingPA;4638395]Effectively rules that states with restrictive MAY ISSUE laws violate a personal right to self defense outside the home, specifically NY, but will apply to others. Roberts sided with the majority, for once. Thomas wrote the opinion, suggesting that restrictions to the 2A require the amendment process[/QUO

Yeah! It's done, every state in the union is now a "shall issue' state. I can't wait until people like Murphy, Newsome, and Hochel will have to sign their new carry laws into effect. You can bet on one thing though, there will be the most stringent requirements in these states to get the carry license. Look for stuff like many hours of training, "gun free' locations and any other impediment they can think of. It's a great win, but the fight will have to continue.

Just heard Hochel on the radio commenting on it, and she says there all kinds of "ideas" they will take into consideration for New York's new law.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Can I carry in NJ? Oh man---that would be amazing if that happened. Then I wouldn't resist as much coming to this BS state. Also, I wonder how it affects transport through a state as well.

The way I read the ruling, it sounds like it goes much farther than just the New York rule. It says individuals have a constitutional right to self defense with a gun outside the home. That would seem to me to strike down pretty much every restriction or licensing scheme for concealed carry nationwide.
    It doesn’t mean instant National reciprocity or constitutional carry. It doesn’t mean you can start carrying in NJ.

It just means that states cannot require a person to PROVE that they have a need to carry for protection. More or less eliminating MAY ISSUE permitting and instructing those states to transition to SHALL ISSUE for any non-prohibited applicant

(Montgomery County)

Now make my carry license have national reciprocity!

Come on, do it...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post

Come on, do it...
    Seems like that would be the smartest and easiest thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post

Are you a resident of NJ? Probably not. I don't see them entering into any reciprocity agreements with any other state.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post

Come on, do it...
    No. What needs to happen is Constitutional carry nation wide. No permits or licenses.

(Jefferson County)

Ruling
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast