Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: We Win!!!

(Chester County)

Default Re: We Win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Maybe....If NJ has to become a "shall issue" state, right now they are listed as "may issue resident and non resident". If they keep the "Non resident" clause (which I doubt) then I will apply for a permit. But yes, I understand this is a long shot but closer to reality today than ever before.

Good luck, I hope you and the rest of the Jersey pro-2a folks benefit from this. Not to mention NY/NYC.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Good luck, I hope you and the rest of the Jersey pro-2a folks benefit from this. Not to mention NY/NYC.
    I travel to NJ 3 days a week for work and to occasionally see my parents. It would be nice to have the option to carry---but I seriously doubt it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE! Incoming liberal tears...

<Bunch of ignorant crybaby tweets>
    That's the saddest display of totally ignorant garbage I have seen by liberals.
    Firearms are an enumerated constitutional right. Not for the States to mess with.
    Abortion is not in the constitution. The 10th amendment applies.
    How stupid can these morons be?

The only one that made any sense was the one telling foreigners to keep out.

(Northampton County)

The NYC "mayor" already said that they will require training, have a whole list of sensitive no-carry (outside your home?) places, etc... so they will do their best to try to issue as few as possible. It will be expensive for sure too.

The only extra gun violence will be criminals getting shot while committing crimes. Robbing bodegas, gas stations, and liquor stores will get a whole lot riskier now. As will robbing people at will in the subways and streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Firearms are an enumerated constitutional right. Not for the States to mess with.

When I was reading those I was grinning ear to ear. Finally some revenge for all the shit they make us eat.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post

This meltdown is almost as good as when Trump won.

(Northampton County)

And if they will require all kinds of training to apply, and knowing that most states don't require anything more than a signature and a fee, reciprocity will NEVER happen.

This ruling is a step in the right direction.

It's unclear what NYC and NJ will do in response to shall issue being the law of the land. One possibility is to expand 'sensitive areas', so that even though everyone gets a permit to carry, nobody can legally carry anywhere in that state (diners, malls, retail stores, public streets, etc, could all be labeled 'sensitive'). It's unlikely that this will happen though, because in NJ and NYC, the ones who now have a carry permit are the rich and politically connected. Those folks WILL NOT be happy if NYC and NJ make it impossible for them to carry anywhere. Moreover, the same reasoning would apply to onerous training and time delays. The rich and politically connected will not allow NYC and NJ to make it harder for them to get their carry permits.

So, I expect NYC and NJ to make it difficult to obtain a shall issue permit to carry, and to restrict carry in some places, but I think those limitation will be tempered by the rich and politically connected who still want to be able to carry in those states.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    This ruling is a step in the right direction.

It's unclear what NYC and NJ will do in response to shall issue being the law of the land. One possibility is to expand 'sensitive areas', so that even though everyone gets a permit to carry, nobody can legally carry anywhere in that state (diners, malls, retail stores, public streets, etc, could all be labeled 'sensitive'). It's unlikely that this will happen though, because in NJ and NYC, the ones who now have a carry permit are the rich and politically connected. Those folks WILL NOT be happy if NYC and NJ make it impossible for them to carry anywhere. Moreover, the same reasoning would apply to onerous training and time delays. The rich and politically connected will not allow NYC and NJ to make it harder for them to get their carry permits.

So, I expect NYC and NJ to make it difficult to obtain a shall issue permit to carry, and to restrict carry in some places, but I think those limitation will be tempered by the rich and politically connected who still want to be able to carry in those states.
    Its pretty simple, there are a million things they'll do. Just make the price to apply for a permit be something like $5,000 (non-refundable), require state approved liability insurance, require a 1 year "waiting period" for new permits, only allow you to carry a smart gun with a limited amount of spare ammo, and have the office that issues the permits have incredibly limited hours (previously issued permits exempted of course)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Other than celebrating the ruling, this has no bearing on residents of PA or any other shall issue state
    Sure it does. Eventually the gold chain wearing fat body invaders that have polluted the Poconos for decades will now be carrying pistols in Gucci holsters along with their stupid front plates.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast