Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: PA Senate reviewing bill that could result in prison time for setting off firewor

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    So you get busted but they offer no jail time, only a fine, for a guilty plea. Oh, and gun rights lost forever if you comply...
    Bingo.

Just another way to strip us of our rights over nothing.

(Berks County)

Default Re: PA Senate reviewing bill that could result in prison time for setting off firewor

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    I've watched the police talk to my neighbors about setting them off over OVER MY PROPERTY AND HOUSE, issue nothing but a verbal warning, and then those same people continue to set them off as the police drive away and haven't even turned the corner on the street yet. What good are laws if they aren't enforced?
    true but creating another law means that they are doing something.

(Delaware County)

This is known as the Emptymag bill.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Bingo.

Just another way to strip us of our rights over nothing.
    Exactly. This is ridiculous. If you hurt someone or are wantonly reckless that endangers people, OK fine. But just setting off fireworks shouldn't be punishable with jail or depriving people of their rights. 5 years is > a crime potentially punishable by more than 1 year = no more gun rights for life.

People that haven't hurt anyone, stolen anything, or deprived someone of their civil rights and/or violated their oath of office shouldn't be in prison with their rights gone forever. There are way too many nonviolent "crimes" that deprive people of their rights for life. There are way too many criminal tyrant politicians walking free.

Keep the actual violent criminals and tyrants who use their power to infringe the rights of others in prison until they are no longer a threat (rendered safe by whatever means is appropriate for their crime).

Stupid people who make mistakes and do stupid shit should be punished to discourage it from happening more, but if they aren't a danger to others, they should eventually be released and have their rights restored after they've served their time.

Mere "possession crimes" need to go away. /rant
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    I've watched the police talk to my neighbors about setting them off over OVER MY PROPERTY AND HOUSE, issue nothing but a verbal warning, and then those same people continue to set them off as the police drive away and haven't even turned the corner on the street yet. What good are laws if they aren't enforced?
    What did it cost to fix the roof? You should have sued for damages.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    This is known as the Emptymag bill.
    I thought it was called Karen's Law.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    What did it cost to fix the roof? You should have sued for damages.
    It seems from that post he should wait until his house burns down and he loses everything until he complains about the illegal activity, is that what you're meaning by that? Of course, he can always sue the person in civil court afterwards, but a big pile of money from someone that probably can't afford it doesn't really make up for his entire house burning down. Especially considering that insurance companies always look for every way to screw anyone that makes a claim.

Laws like these are the results of people being unable to control themselves in the world. I don't care if you set them off on your property where you're not endangering my property or disturbing the enjoyment of my own property. If you have 30acres or so and all the flaming debris falls on your own land, set off everything that you want. I don't want the flaming debris falling on my property.

In my neighborhood, there is no safe place to set off anything, and according to the current law, no one should be, but assholes gonna be assholin'. This is just another law that won't be enforced, just like the current law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It seems from that post he should wait until his house burns down and he loses everything until he complains about the illegal activity, is that what you're meaning by that? Of course, he can always sue the person in civil court afterwards, but a big pile of money from someone that probably can't afford it doesn't really make up for his entire house burning down. Especially considering that insurance companies always look for every way to screw anyone that makes a claim.

Laws like these are the results of people being unable to control themselves in the world. I don't care if you set them off on your property where you're not endangering my property or disturbing the enjoyment of my own property. If you have 30acres or so and all the flaming debris falls on your own land, set off everything that you want. I don't want the flaming debris falling on my property.

In my neighborhood, there is no safe place to set off anything, and according to the current law, no one should be, but assholes gonna be assholin'. This is just another law that won't be enforced, just like the current law.
    Fix roof aka shingle damage, plaintiff bares some responsibility to minimize damages if possible, not wait until structure fire destroyed home. If police aren't policing you're only left with civil action. Seems police are not policing these days. Uvalde for example, summer George Floyd for another.

My point, and I guess it takes a bit of reading into to figure it out is, cops won't do shit, you don't have property damage, you have to let it go. Otherwise you will end up screwing yourself with either unresolved anger or an act of revenge that will cost you more grief when the cops and DA apply the law on your butt.

Turn the other cheek and don't give in, that old wheel will turn around again.

(Wayne County)

Funny how these pricks can come up with laws fast when they want to, but can*t seem to find time for a school property tax solution.

Hey, what*s the penalty for firing a weapon into the air on New Years? We need a new law.

(Lancaster County)

Upper Leacoak Twp. supervisors meeting June 6th. approved advertising an amendment to noise ordinance limiting noise-making fireworks to Memorial Day, July 4th,Labor Day and New Year's Eve. Fireworks at any other time would be prohibited and punishable with a fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast