Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: FIRST POLLS SHOW MASTRIANO vs SHAPIRO NEAR DEAD HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    Lurch is beating Oz by 9 %.
    Within the group of 500 people they asked.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bradford County)

And within the group of weird people who answer unknown numbers or texts.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Delaware County)

Reading these polls is clogging up your minds with useless info...stick with what you know...not what they tell you.

Surprised so many still read shit the media puts out. Its all regurgitated crap. Nothing new. When do we put out our own views, instead of reading theirs? We are complacent...and will soon see the error of our ways.

(Montgomery County)

Uh Ohhhhhh, Time to arrest Mastriano! But they cant let him out of jail like they did the GOP candidate in Minnesota since he wound up getting a nice jump in the poles.

(Cumberland County)

I think mastriano can pull it off but he has to be able to connect with moderates and independents to have a great shot at beating Shapiro. On the other hand, Shapiro would just be a continuation of the wolf administration which many aren't happy with. Only time will tell. Mastriano is ok I'm more of a Moderate Republucan so he's not certainly perfect to me but I don't like Shapiro and especially Fetterman.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonH1997 View Post
    I think mastriano can pull it off but he has to be able to connect with moderates and independents to have a great shot at beating Shapiro. On the other hand, Shapiro would just be a continuation of the wolf administration which many aren't happy with. Only time will tell. Mastriano is ok I'm more of a Moderate Republucan so he's not certainly perfect to me but I don't like Shapiro and especially Fetterman.
    What is a moderate Republican in this current environment ? You mean like Toomey ? Please define it for us.

(Bradford County)

I'm not MasonH but I did sleep at a holiday inn express last night. It would be interesting to have a discussion of what is "moderate."

To my mind, a moderate would be someone who is fiscally and constitutionally conservative, but relatively uncaring as to so-called "social issues" (which IMHO are not the purview of gov't, certainly not Fed gov't). Gay marriage - WTF do I care? Doesn't affect me or my wallet. Religion - that's personal and I sure as hell don't want the gov't involved. ETC. Of course everyone has their own line in the sand and that's fine. Me, I want the gov't out of my life as much as possible, and that involves LESS laws and lawmaking, not more.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    Mastriano needs to hit him hard with those type of questions when the debates kick off in the fall.
    I had to use the "volunteer" part of Mastriano's website to do it, but I sent that question to him with the dare that he challenge Shapiro with it!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Berks County)

The article and putative poll is likely designed to lull Republicans into a false sense of security in relation to the election. I, unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say, don't see a current path to victory for us. And if you want an idea of just how bad it is, see this article on the vast (Grand Canyon-esque) divide in fundraising - https://www.politicspa.com/shapiro-e...h-lead/108247/. Mastriano has ~2.8% of the money that Shapiro currently has to spend.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    The article and putative poll is likely designed to lull Republicans into a false sense of security in relation to the election. I, unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say, don't see a current path to victory for us. And if you want an idea of just how bad it is, see this article on the vast (Grand Canyon-esque) divide in fundraising - https://www.politicspa.com/shapiro-e...h-lead/108247/. Mastriano has ~2.8% of the money that Shapiro currently has to spend.
    Sadly, I think you're correct. Some feel like there's a giant sleeping majority that will suddenly awaken and overwhelmingly elect Mastriano. I just don't see that happening. Shapiro will run on continuing Wolf's 'successes.' That's his base. Mastriano will run on ending the Wolf era. That's his base. Those voters are solid for each candidate.

It's the undecided/swing voters that are key, and I think Shapiro appeals more them because he's status quo/business as usual. I just don't see Mastriano as appealing to that population. I'd be glad to be wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast