Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: September 12 2022 Harrisburg 2A Rally

Thanks to all who attended.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Well, we were told leading up it was going to be inside. I'm sure that limited the number of people carrying long guns, since you can't check them to go in and hear the speakers. That's why I didn't carry one.
    Likewise. It's hard to go in and speak with your reps when you've got a long gun. Great for show, but not for go...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

Sorry I missed this one, I was away radio contesting on a mountaintop all weekend and Monday was tear down and pack up day. I got back here at around 4 PM.

Thanks to all who went. Were there any reps there to talk to on a Monday?
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Quote Originally Posted by Hastati322 View Post
    Was there, the only people who proudly displayed guns were the two girls with the rainbow flag in the back
    I really wished I brought mine and could stand with them. I was under the impression it was going to be partly inside though.
    As we conjure up a new strategy to revive the vitality of this event, we could encourage an outside group and an inside group, or just push it to be all outside.
    Get up

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Sorry I missed this one, I was away radio contesting on a mountaintop all weekend and Monday was tear down and pack up day. I got back here at around 4 PM.

Thanks to all who went. Were there any reps there to talk to on a Monday?
    We went inside and talked to our new rep thanks to map shenanigans. She had been outside too. My son talked to her about HB2771 (getting teachers trained and armed in schools), she's a cosponsor. This helped him with a merit badge requirement.

(Washington County)

I dont think I saw a single mention of this event outside of this forum. There are FB groups, reddit groups, discord groups, etc that are very active for the younger gun guys. Overall, they don't seem to be interested in forums, for whatever reason. Of course, I didn't do my part to share this event with them. I didn't realize it was happening until a few days before the event, because I don't often venture into every area of this forum. So just food for thought for next year.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by caelum View Post
    I really wished I brought mine and could stand with them. I was under the impression it was going to be partly inside though.
    As we conjure up a new strategy to revive the vitality of this event, we could encourage an outside group and an inside group, or just push it to be all outside.
    What is needed is a decent organizer for the event. FOAC not only sucks balls with their petty antics but someone left out the notion that the event would be held inside and nobody corrected that error. In the days of old, before Herr Wolf threw us out of our house, there were only a few guys hanging outside with long guns and they went with no intention of going inside. The rest of us checked our pistols at the door and went inside.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I dont think I saw a single mention of this event outside of this forum. There are FB groups, reddit groups, discord groups, etc that are very active for the younger gun guys. Overall, they don't seem to be interested in forums, for whatever reason. Of course, I didn't do my part to share this event with them. I didn't realize it was happening until a few days before the event, because I don't often venture into every area of this forum. So just food for thought for next year.
    Agree with the lack of advertising in other social media platforms. That's one area we discussed on Monday that we need to strategize on to get better awareness.

One thing I noticed that makes me disappointed is this thread has gained a lot more traffic AFTER the rally than before. My hope is this years blunder isn't forgotten and we can carry that momentum to our next event.
    -Brandon

(Montgomery County)

This could be a great opportunity to rally the troops for next year. We need to get more organized and use socially media the way the gun grabbers do.. we can contact some gun tubers to see if they would promote the event.. Also, we should be contacting gun shops and gun clubs with large social media followings to get on board*
    I would gladly volunteer some time to work on promoting next year*s rally, but we need a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    This could be a great opportunity to rally the troops for next year. We need to get more organized and use socially media the way the gun grabbers do.. we can contact some gun tubers to see if they would promote the event.. Also, we should be contacting gun shops and gun clubs with large social media followings to get on board*
    I would gladly volunteer some time to work on promoting next year*s rally, but we need a plan.
    That's basically what I we did in past years. We once pretty much single-handedly helped GOA plan a rally when Metcalfe's got canceled due to BLM threats one year, at least that's what we were told. I think we trusted FOAC to do the job this year and they didn't.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast