Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: September 12 2022 Harrisburg 2A Rally

16 years ago, when this started, all the anti- Reps went and hid so noone could talk to them, seems things never change.
    That is why I no longer attend.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    16 years ago, when this started, all the anti- Reps went and hid so noone could talk to them, seems things never change.
    That is why I no longer attend.
    It still helps to have at least a decent show of numbers, even if we don't get to talk to them. They'll use this against us, to show just how few people don't want new gun laws.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by caelum View Post
    Pretty disheartening attendance, but there's always opportunity to turn things around. I think, for next year, other social media sites beyond facebook need to be pushed. There is a massive number of PA gun owners on instagram, especially young ones, who had absolutely no idea. The outreach for these events needs to be expanded, massively.

Example:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CiaOXJ_rz7X/?hl=en
    Read the comments:
    "I'd have taken off if i knew about it more than two weeks in advance. "
    "I didn*t even know this was going on."

If we want these events to be more than park picnics, we need to have a PR gameplan. I will gladly assist. I am no PR expert, but I am more than willing to message folks around instagram and other sites to get the word out.
    Yep, with the sunset of the old guard - Metcalfe, stolfer, et.al. It’s time to put differences aside and use social media to our advantage. In the past some leaders used the event to boost their own popularity, loosing sight of the end goal. Poofers are there for one reason, and we have the ability to get the message out. We’ve done it in Philly, Morrisville, York, and Pittsburgh to name a few. We can make Harrisburg a much better event if we try.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Montgomery County)

Was there, the only people who proudly displayed guns were the two girls with the rainbow flag in the back

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hastati322 View Post
    Was there, the only people who proudly displayed guns were the two girls with the rainbow flag in the back
    Well, we were told leading up it was going to be inside. I'm sure that limited the number of people carrying long guns, since you can't check them to go in and hear the speakers. That's why I didn't carry one.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Well, we were told leading up it was going to be inside. I'm sure that limited the number of people carrying long guns, since you can't check them to go in and hear the speakers. That's why I didn't carry one.
    Was it inside too? I saw some of your video that had speakers outside.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No, it was just on the steps. We had bad info from the limited sources online. They've done it both places in the past. They originally moved it outside, because we had too many people for the rotunda. We don't seem to have that problem at all anymore.

The promotion, messaging, information leading up to this plain sucked frankly.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No, all outside as normal - which apparently is the normal format. FOAC just doesn't have their shit together for organizing this and miscommunicated. I think most of us would have come in more appropriate attire had we known for sure it was outside.

Several of us have been talking quite heavily about trying to revive PA2A (yes, again) to really help drive attendance to these events. Someone needs to step up and help partner with organizations (GOA, etc) to get the word out. Not sure who from Harrisburg (if anyone) is going to "own" this moving forward, but I'm not willing to let FOAC do it again.
    -Brandon

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    No, all outside as normal - which apparently is the normal format. FOAC just doesn't have their shit together for organizing this and miscommunicated. I think most of us would have come in more appropriate attire had we known for sure it was outside.

Several of us have been talking quite heavily about trying to revive PA2A (yes, again) to really help drive attendance to these events. Someone needs to step up and help partner with organizations (GOA, etc) to get the word out. Not sure who from Harrisburg (if anyone) is going to "own" this moving forward, but I'm not willing to let FOAC do it again.
    I realize that FOAC has done a lot of good for the movement but they need a change at the top, just like the NRA does. I've had more than enough of their chicken shit bullshit like "no long guns" and "signs of political organizations only". Then they have no problem stopping by to solicit donations while I'm standing there holding a long gun.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I realize that FOAC has done a lot of good for the movement but they need a change at the top, just like the NRA does. I've had more than enough of their chicken shit bullshit like "no long guns" and "signs of political organizations only". Then they have no problem stopping by to solicit donations while I'm standing there holding a long gun.
    I certainly don't want to discredit FOAC or anyone else for their efforts to support our 2A rights, but as you said a lot of their tactics and methods of doing things drive more people away anymore than they bring in. Metcalfe is definitely guilty of making the last few rallies more about D vs R politics than about our 2A rights. It's not helping the cause..we know there are dems out there that believe in gun ownership, and we need them on our side too.
    -Brandon

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast