Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Best PCC?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Best PCC?

duped... sorry about that.

PCCs are still dumb. 300 BO Master Race!!!
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    The only reason I see for PCC's are CQB, where you need mobility in tight spaces and you don't want to blow your ear drums out.

PS90 in sbr is the first choice by a long shot due to the superior mobility with the bullpup design, extremely light weight at only a few pounds, factory 50 round magazines, and no recoil to speak of. Its rounds are moving extremely fast and you get rifle damage in an extremely compact package. It's only down side is relatively expensive ammo. Pre-covid it was $27.99/box of 50, right now it's about $49.95/box of 50. The ammo type matters when it comes to reliability. There's only two real players in the game, American Eagle and FN factory ammo. In the US, both are made by fiocchi in the same plant. The big difference is the AE projectile is glue'd, where the FN ammo is crimped. This leads to the AE ammo having reliability issues, not something you want to deal with when your life depends on it. Pre-covid, you could have a ps90 for $1200, now it ranges from $1500-1900.

The CZ Scorpion EVO S1 is my second choice, with the stribog a close third. With a collapsable stock in sbr and 8" barrel, 30-40 round stick mags, it's a bit heavier than the ps90 but not much. My EVO eats any ammo I feed it and runs flawlessly. Unlike the ps90, it has a slew of aftermarket parts to make it better, which can nickel and dime you, your $800 PCC can turn into a $1500 gun pretty quickly. But again, they're options like binary triggers, folding vs colapsing stock, safety switch, different triggers and grips. Still, it's a comfortable gun that you can run all day without issue, you'll never have to worry about reliability or ammo availability.

I think 9mm AR's are silly, and look dumb. AR platform is best suited for actual AR's. AR's to me are field guns, not used indoors. You have added mobility for their added length/size, as well as noise.
    They’re great for having inexpensive fun. Falling steel matches, USPSA, plinking. Not every gun has to be for social use.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Bullpups feel deceptive about their actual weight.
    Because all the weight is against your shoulder. And if it isn't felt, does it count? My ps90 feels lighter than my scorpion. Also my front hand is closer to my body on the ps90, overall I'm more pulled in, which increases maneuverability in tight spaces, while my trigger hand is a good 2-3" forward in the ps90. So on the ps90 both my hands are almost in the same position, at the front of the gun, where on the scorpion, they're about 6" apart.

(Berks County)

Sorry I'm old school ...I'll take my Henry .44 mag with a 25 mm red dot .

19451463-0E5C-4CE3-B98A-675F669E14E8.jpeg
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    Sorry I'm old school ...I'll take my Henry .44 mag with a 25 mm red dot .

19451463-0E5C-4CE3-B98A-675F669E14E8.jpeg
    A red dot on a lever action is a lot of things, but old school isn*t one of them.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    A red dot on a lever action is a lot of things, but old school isn*t one of them.
    Agreed but the beaver tail on mine is less than desirable...some I improvised, adapted and overcame
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Bucks County)

Well, I wanted a pistol/subgun/not really a pcc for awhile. Did a bunch of research, weighed the options.

I didn't want an AR in 9mm. That'd be less effective than one of my .300blk suppressed builds.

Wanted something military proven, for whatever that's worth, lmao

Aftermarket, so I could dial it in to me. I don't care about out the box ergo issues as long as I can correct them easily enough. The firearm needs to run. Be reliable, and eat everything I can shove in it. Have good affordable magazines too, which is part of the reliability category.

Additionally, I didnt want a 16" 9mm, nor a pistol length barrel. I wanted something that gave more muzzle velocity, and with a can wouldn't be huge.

Settled on the CZ Scorpion. Tricked it out, and it's eaten 1000's of rounds at this point. Suppressed, and non. Steel case, brass, HP, defensive loads, just everything. Direct blowback is crude, but it works every time.

It's been tweaked since this pic. Switched can covers, reworked light, I just like tinkering with it, lmfao. Figured, it'd be a great Zombie gun, lmfao!! For "cqb" and home defense, it is not my first choice at all. For fun at the range, or quiet shooting once I run out of .300blk subs, total win!!!
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456