Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best PCC?

Default Re: Best PCC?

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    I actually think this way, too. If you're grabbing a rifle (carbine) in a defensive situation shoot a rifle caliber.

I went back and forth between a PCC and AR and ultimately settled on an AR for this reason.
    A 16-18" barreled 9mm gains some velocity over a pistol and can sound alot quieter than a rifle caliber. As to the op idk I'd there is a best. While there are some that are very unreliable in calico. You basically need to pick a caliber, and a operating system that you like then you can narrow down options to the best that fits you.

(Montgomery County)

What's your budget?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    I actually think this way, too. If you're grabbing a rifle (carbine) in a defensive situation shoot a rifle caliber.

I went back and forth between a PCC and AR and ultimately settled on an AR for this reason.
    After I sunk hundreds into my Scorpion that's kinda where I ended up. I just don't see the point of PCCs without full auto.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Delaware County)

Extar EP-9. Over 8000 rounds out of mine without a single hiccup. Takes Glock magazines.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Bucks County)

I love my Palmetto State AR-V... AR-style that uses CZ Scorpion mags.

2021-07-12 16.06.41-resize.jpg
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

I agree with the previous posters about a rifle cartridge in a rifle sized device being superior. However, what is the use case scenario? These are tools and the job dictates which tool to use. Want cheaper carbine practice? That is real easy, M&P15-22 with the exact optic you use on your 5.56 carbine. I have one and it is fantastic, cheap to shoot and the controls are the same. A great choice. Want to add a cherry on top and to introduce others to shooting, buy a .22 silencer for it and enjoy. Any new shooter or seasoned expert will love shooting it.

Competing in a PCC specific game, look at what the competitors are using and winning with and get ready to shell out a few grand for one.

A PCC will get noticeably greater dispersion than a rifle in 5.56 or 7.62x39. Expect 5 or 6 MOA as about average for a PCC in 9x19, because that is what the cartridge does. Some may balk at that, but go try it and see for yourself.

Here is the case against PCCs for me. They do the same thing ballistically as a pistol, just in a much larger package. Pistols do not work well on body armor. 5.56 M193 works really, really well on all kinds of body armor. Get a good AR, get a good silencer for it and put quality optics on it and enjoy.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

OK, I will concede that I was thinking more along teh lines of sub guns when I mentioned security details.

Still, a carbine in pistol caliber is not without it's merits.
    FAR more accurate than a handgun (at least for me) and velocities that also exceed handguns.
    They have their place - and it's not just for plinking. That's absurd.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Tioga County)

The big time operators have figured out 300 Blackout in a compact package can out perform 9mm in similar set up which is why the US Army for SOCOM and some of their protective details have adopted the 300 Blackout Sig Rattler. However they also have the B&T 9mm which they have adopted as well, so there is still some room and application for 9mm.

Overall 9mm with the right ammunition in a PCC, well the average bad guy don't want any part of that. With some of my longer 9mm barrels I am seeing over 1350 FPS with 124g.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Extar EP-9. Over 8000 rounds out of mine without a single hiccup. Takes Glock magazines.
    800 or 8000?

The latter is pretty impressive.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    After I sunk hundreds into my Scorpion that's kinda where I ended up. I just don't see the point of PCCs without full auto.
    Then just invest another $25,000...

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    OK, I will concede that I was thinking more along teh lines of sub guns when I mentioned security details.

Still, a carbine in pistol caliber is not without it's merits.
    FAR more accurate than a handgun (at least for me) and velocities that also exceed handguns.
    They have their place - and it's not just for plinking. That's absurd
    I'm with you. Subguns certainly have their place. FA would be fantastic, but we all know it's extremely cost prohibitive. I don't see where people get the opinion that an SA subgun is nothing more than a toy. I'm sure all the military/police around the world NEVER use their MP5's and Scorpions in SA mode.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast