Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PA Body Armor Ban to be Introduced

Memo from some traitor named Tim Biggs seeking co sponsors to strip you of life saving protective equipment:

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...sponId=37379&e

In the near future, I plan to introduce legislation to outlaw the purchase or possession of body armor within the Commonwealth.

Unfortunately, we are at a point in the General Assembly where the majority is not capable of providing the leadership needed to address the seriousness of gun violence through common sense firearm regulation. The majority has stonewalled any reasonable firearm reforms, prefers moments of silence, thought and prayers, and misappropriates blame on mental health issues that have been historically underfunded by them. We are at an inflection point where we either become part of the solution or we have blood on our hands

In the two most recent massacres, I have noticed the murderers wore body armor which prevented law enforcement from neutralizing the threat early in the engagement. The killers outgunned law enforcement with their military weapons as well as the military grade body armor they wore.

In fact, in the white supremacist fueled massacre in Buffalo a “good guy with a gun,” a retired police officer working security at a Tops grocery store confronted the killer, shot him but the killer continued the attack. The shots fired by the “good guy with a gun” had no effect on the killer because the killer was wearing military grade body armor.

Moreover, a killer armed with an AR-15 slaughters 19 nine and ten year old elementary school children along with two teacher at the Robb Elementary School in Texas. As of now, there are 21 dead at the Elementary School, 5 less deaths than the 26 killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The killer was wearing a carrier vest, a type of body armor that may have prevented law enforcement from neutralizing him early in the engagement. Robb Elementary School employed security, had surveillance cameras and law enforcement responded almost immediately but could not protect the children in their fourth-grade classroom from the power of a military assault rifle wielded by a mass murder wearing body armor.

Currently, New York is debating the prohibition of body armor, Connecticut has the strictest restricts on body armor possession, under Federal Law felons are prohibited from possessing body armor, Australia prohibits the possession of body armor, the European Union prohibits civilians from possessing military armament including ballistic protection, and in four Canadian provinces you cannot possess body armor without a permit issued by law enforcement.

Since the House majority is unwilling to move any reasonable firearm reform legislation, maybe we can move legislation to outlaw the possession of body armor and give our law enforcement a fighting chance. The use of body armor is becoming common among mass shooters who use these military weapons to murder children and the elderly.

I will not give up on advocating for responsible firearm safety legislation but outlawing body armor in the Commonwealth may prevent some deaths when the next mass shooting happens in the Commonwealth. A person who currently possesses body armor will have 15 days to turn it in to a law enforcement agency or they commit a felony.

Please join me in co-sponsoring this legislation.
    F*#K THE ATF

Default Re: PA Body Armor Ban to be Introduced

So it will be illegal to protect myself when shooting the 50 belt fed? F-you tim.
    FJB

(Chester County)

The arrogance of these people is beyond belief.

(Berks County)

i love how he is saying the carriers are body armor now. the Uvalde shooter was wearing a vest but had no type of armor in it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    The arrogance of these people is beyond belief.
    They believe they're elites and we are serfs....They're putting it into practice.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Since we the people get hit by criminals FIRST! What the people can't have, the cops can't either. We the people are fighting the same criminal the cops .......wait? There NOT HERE!!

(York County)

Dammit.... I don't have body armor and never really felt like spending money on it.

Now I have to just as a giant FU to this turd. Because.... principles.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Dammit.... I don't have body armor and never really felt like spending money on it.

Now I have to just as a giant FU to this turd. Because.... principles.
    Right?!? Anyone got any suggestions where to go?
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Lackawanna County)

I didn’t mention this in the Buffalo thread I don’t think but getting hit in body armor will put you out of the fight. It hurts like hell and bruises the shit out of you. It’s not this wonder device that turns you into Superman especially if someone actually engages that person until the threat is out.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I didn*t mention this in the Buffalo thread I don*t think but getting hit in body armor will put you out of the fight. It hurts like hell and bruises the shit out of you. It*s not this wonder device that turns you into Superman especially if someone actually engages that person until the threat is out.
    It depends on what you're getting hit by, the buffalo guy took 2 to the chest with IIIa from the security guard's glock 19 then killed him and carried on. It definitely might slow you down though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast